1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

My "New" er Steed?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a 2008 '08' 335d M Sport in Le Mans Blue.

Absolutely love it.

My wife and I are now doing around 22,000 miles a year so the diesel make much more sense than the similarly priced petrol. With a 3.0l Straight six Twin Turbo 286BHP engine I am hardly left wanting either which is nice.

It is currently achieving an average of 37-40mpg as well which is pretty good.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

found a guy in the mall saturday doing custom plates.. had him make me one that says birds of a feather..

see if I can get a picture.. oh yeah xaser.. that swirl can be undone on your plates xD well maybe- looks pretty swirled

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Nice car! I've got a CTS 2.2 myself.

Mods that I can see... Lowered, Buddy Club P1's (?), GP Kit, pressed plates?

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

I heard a rumour that this thing may be for sale, the last known owner is on the mainland but has frequented my 'local' race track.

No shame in saying I would bankrupt myself by taking out a loan to buy it and store it indefinitely

1.1 Lola Ford, mostly originals.

[​IMG]

5. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

when will US manufacturers figure it out? :wallbash::wallbash:

i could walk into a chevy dealer right now and buy a brand new chevy impala with a 3.5 liter that produces a whopping 211HP and gets an EPA estimated 29MPG (19MPG city) highway.

more displacement, less power, worse economy....why did we bail these guys out again?

6. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

I agree about the fact that US car manufacturers get WAAAYY less out of an engine than UK.
    But MPG is just simply to the fact that UK Gallons are bigger + UK MPG is calculated in different ways.

The United States figures are very close to real car MPG. I often get better gas mileage than the car is rated for. But then I look at a overall average and it's spot on.

27 UK MPG is equal to 31 US MPG and 40 UK MPG is 33 US MPG.
    Also a lot of cars in europe are more expensive relative to income.
    Plus even Euro cars in US lose features like DSG gearboxes, better interior/lights and other things while crossing the pond. At the end we get a car that is less advanced and cheaper... but then it costs WAAAY cheaper than a Euro version. I think it might be similar with engines. Are more efficient & advanced engine will pull out more horse power out of same displacement AND burn fuel better thus slightly better MPG.

But don't fret my Colonial friend. They pay close to 3 times more per full tank. So they have a good reason for 5-10 better MPG cars.

7. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Well, buddy club SF's i think they are now named, essentially P1's.

Pressed plates - Yep
    GP Kit - Yep
    6k hid replacements (Factory fitted 4300k, self levelling with headlight washers etc)
    Optional badge kit with side decals
    Private reg
    Tein S Tech springs
    Fast road setup
    Stoptech slotted discs, Motul RBF 600 fluid, hel brake lines, ferodo ds2500 pads
    Milltek Catback.

This weekends mods :

Flash pro
    HKS RSK
    Custom remap by either Tdi north or eurospec.
    password jdm tow hook - Cause its cheap!

I bet i have missed something...but as it stands, it corners and stops like it should of done when it left the factory, the geometry setup and brakes have transformed the car.

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I know, I only done it as my wife was insistant on removing the digits and I had already uploaded them (couldn't find the fill tool on Photobuckets image editor and I already deleted the images from my PC/camera).

Sometimes there is little point in arguing.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Nice spec list, a good Geo setup is always good. I never cease to be amazed at the cost of tuning bits for ordinary Jap cars (by which I mean mass-produced ones), £350-500 for an induction kit is absolutely bananas.

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

That's a nice mod list there. FRS makes a world of difference, I was shocked when i found out there was no camber adjustment as standard on the 8th gen.

You a member on civinfo by any chance, or just ctro?

It's not just the tuning parts that are expensive, service items aren't cheap either :(

11. Krikkit

Are the dealers and OE parts overly expensive then? Decent-brand pattern parts look fairly reasonable, but there's a world of difference between that and the world of dealer prices.

12. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

So since neither cars were available decided to go for a new shape (f20) 118i M Sport 5 door hatch in Black Sapphire Metallic with Anthracite Hexagon cloth/Alcantara upholstery. Also getting the Driver comfort package and Visibility package. Just need to wait til June 15th now before I can pick it up.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2012
  13. Krikkit

118i! You said 125i! Either way I'd say you've got the better car, even if it isn't quite as exciting as a sixer BMW.

14. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

That is my favorite color! Love the BMW Le Mans Blue...
    Great car you got there! And yes, I do think the 335d should be exciting enough for road driving..

Great car mate!

15. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

It certainly is exciting although the relatively brutal power delivery on full kickdown can still catch me out - think of it like poking a sleeping bull with a big stick.

Despite its relatively high kerb weight it handles well - hydraulic power steering and rear wheel drive help here.

Despite being a diesel it is probably the best all round car I have owned (and I have owned alot!).

Now I just need it evolved - 350ish BHP and 730nm of torque :eeek:

16. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

6 series BMWs aren't available on my work's car scheme unless I'm a manager. However a Z4 30i with the M sport package is an option but I need to be on the order system for a year before I can get one.

17. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I think he means one with 6 cylinders :)

18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Just found a old lost pics of the best/most fun car I have ever owned!

[​IMG]

I spent all my wages I had back then on a full engine rebuild and upgrades.

Results 380BHP @ the flywheel. 327BHP @ the wheels. Rolling road at AP motors in Plymton.
    0-60 3.6 Sec
    Top Speed 165MPH
    1/4 Mile 11 Sec ish

As the no. plate states at the bottom (Fast as F***!) Strangely enough, I never got pulled over for it. :D

Here's a old clip of a 400BHP Nissan Pulsar GTI-R vs a Dodge Viper!

Stock 220BHP pulsar GTIR vs Skyline

19. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

new engine just finished for the datsun, 630bhp of HKS power, and a Greddy turbo which is not on there yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

What sort of datsun, an S30 chassis?