1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 3 preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. pucpop

pucpop What's a Dremel?

in the previous games, weapons drained your energy. the tech bow doesn't. also, you can use it while cloaked! I am going to build my dream rig for this, I am excited. I can be Rambo + predator yasss!

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

images not working

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah the images come up as 'not found on this server' when clicked ;)

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

This is the best preview ever. I like that fact that it's not cluttered with screenshots of the game. I'd much rather read 2 pages of text than see what it is they're talking about.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

looking at the trailer they posted im not impressed, NS2 was a pile of arse compared to the flexibility and function of the first, open levels are a start but i need to see more, if the god awful cover system remains intact then i'll fly to Germany and drown Yerli in a puddle of his own piss!

also, why the **** do devs now show off their awesome game with a god damn joypad? its like ford demo'ing the new mustang with no ****ing wheels!

7. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Also, a typo in the formatting of the document. Publisher has an [h] instead of an .

8. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

All right, all right - sorted now

9. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Whispers - 2nd page title.

10. Material

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Next time I think i'll not follow the Twitter link to the new article and save myself some time...

11. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Crysis 2 PC sales only accounted for about 14%. Why would they would they bother to demo it on PC when hardly anyone is going to buy it?

12. Sensei

Sensei What's a Dremel?

First of all, I loved Far Cry. I enjoyed Far Cry 2.
    I enjoyed Crysis, loved Warhead and enjoyed Crysis 2.
    The point is, whatever these guys make, Im going to buy it on the PC, because even though it probably wont ever be as good as the original Far Cry, I know Ill enjoy it.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Perhaps because Crysis 2 was a truckload of m'eh, optimised for consoles? :rolleyes:

Yeah they should drop the PC, cuz 14% of total sales of a poor sequel isn't worth bothering with, right? :p

Teelzebub likes this.
  14. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I just don't feel it. To be honest, lately PC games aren't doing it for me, is this a sign that I'm losing interest or that playing games is no longer as fun as they used to be eg Half Life, Quake, FarCry.

15. hbeevers

hbeevers Yes, it can play crysis!

i'm not pre-ordering it that's for sure, after all the crap we had to wade through with crysis 2 on PC i don't care how well they hype this, i'm seeing final game reviews before purchase.

16. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

CRY CRY CRY a console port again...

17. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I think the main criticism of Far Cry was that a whole bunch of really stupid monsters turned up and murdered what was building into a really unique and exciting shooter before collectively peeing on it's corpse. In Crysis again a promising shooter against an interesting foe in a brilliant environment was clubbed to death by the arrival of alien invaders from planet DERP.

What Crytek have done wrong is the same thing they have always done wrong with the Cry games, which is not play to the games strengths. The strength of the games was the environment. They didn't have to bring in weird and wacky monsters to make the game fun, because hunting soldiers and mercs through those environments was already some of the best and most atmospheric gameplay to be found. They could have made a WW2 shooter in the Crysis environment and it would have felt original, that's how good the game world was.

Scary as it is to say, I think the biggest weakness of Crytek is they don't know when to stop being creative.

Tattysnuc and greypilgers like this.
  18. Material

Yeah, the enemies were the worst part of Crysis 2; i didn't know why i was killing them, and they weren't varied or visually distinct enough.

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

for true hunter experience you need to sandbox the game. Free Roaming without stupid mission markers but more fallout 3 when you leave the vault. You have the main objective (find your dad) and and open world to explore. I know many people struggled with FO3 and switched off at that point, but we really don't care about them and they shouldn't be playing games anyway if they fail to grasp the concept. If psyco returns use him as a nudge, like a radio call "I've found something here, come take a look" if the player is taking too long but rotate locations so each play through is different. I would also like to see group and individual mentalities for AI. How many shooters have failed to work on this? Like the classic, now the enemies look for cover....yes they do then they randomly jump out of said cover searching for more cover often running into the barrel of your shotgun. Give them personalities like "im the last one left, im outta here" or classic horror film, "whats that noise, everyone else I know has been murdered so Im gonna wander of on my own to find out".
    Question, didn't prophet die?

Bede likes this.
  20. Deders

Deders Modder

I actually think that the Aliens mad a refreshing change in Crysis and were a vast improvement on the Trigens. (But then I guess I'll never quite get that survivalist feeling and sense of accomplishment knowing that I overcame insurmountable odds wearing little more than a Hawaiian T-shirt again)

Tags: Add Tags