1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 7850 - HID Ice X or Twin Frozr III?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mamaclam, 26 Apr 2012.

1. mamaclam

mamaclam What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone! I'm new to bit-tech so please go easy one me :)

Been a laptop user for a good number of years now, and am now thinking of making the jump to building my own pc. Probably going to plunge for a 3570k system.

I'm been reading some really good things about the 7850. Twin Frozr mod appears to be the type of choice. However, I heard the Ice X cooler type is about to be released soon.

Does anyone have any idea which might be better? Any past experiences with the Ice X platform?

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Twin Frozr III. The cards with the TFIII cooler tend to have much better power circuitry etc than reference cards, making them more overclockable and possibly longer lasting. Good luck with the build :)

3. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

TF3. I've built a number of systems with Twin Frozr cards and they all cool exceptionally well, even the one TFIII GTX 560 ti I stuffed in a SG06 then overclocked.

4. mamaclam

mamaclam What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys ;) Now the problem is trying to find one in stock in the UK at a decent price ><

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yes TWIII would be a very good choice.

Also, consider the Asus Direct CU II. Also very very good, and a popular choice here on BT.