1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod Gods - The Best PC Mods Ever Part 1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 26 Apr 2012.

1. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Cygnus X1 by Atilla has to be my favourite scratch build of all time. It is just perfect in my eyes and knowing that it was 100% hand crafted makes it all the more special.

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^ Yeah Attila's handy work is a heck of a benchmark to live up to, definitely 1 of my mod idols, I don't see even a faint possibility of him not being in this series. I would be absolutely baffled if he didn't. :D

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Some good points made there Wayne. For front page articles, I try to leave it up to the writer as to how many pages/photos they want to do but we've had to limit it in the past for various reasons. I worked with riekmaharg2 on his 12-page feature on Blue horizon recently, trying out a different way of setting out the content. In the past it's taken me days to insert it all, but I've got a good system now which will mean much longer features are possible that don't take much more time to complete my end.

I have the perfect place for a new writeup of finished projects - front page articles :D. Once your project is complete (this goes to everyone) and if you think it's worthy of a front page feature (don't worry about the standard compared to other projects too much) drop me a line and we can talk about it. The new format for getting projects online is very simple to follow and allows you to create a streamlined/condensed/re-written version of your project log. I'd love to get more projects into the case mod section, so hopefully it can be home for far more finished projects.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Ohh and don't forget the Case Mod Index too! In addition I'll be hitting up some of you scratchbuilders for advice on what you'd like to see from a Scratchbuild index - case type/material/motherboard form factor etc

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awesome, sounds good about the bigger features Antony, :) this article series is the closest thing to a mod of the decade, I like it. :D:clap:

I'll be happy to contribute whatever I can to suggestions, be good to have a thread for it though so all the best bits that would work can be used, could easily get too complex. :hehe:

6. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

no wmd and orac3???? fail!!!

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Fail :lol: part 1 means there are more parts to come. :)

8. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

while the mod its self isn't ground breaking, I think the ongoing "Support John Hanlon" project is probably the best motivated mod of all time.

9. Starfighter

Starfighter What's a Dremel?

I know this is only part one, but I cannae believe Orac³ didn't get mentioned!

10. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

I wish to have the Orac³ in the next one, it was what got me to BiTech and is still one of my favourits.

11. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

+1 for Orac3 and WMD

Some of the cases by Benny

Campus Party Brazil 2012 Winner
    [​IMG]

Casemod "Caveirão" (by Maciel Barreto) winner of the Campus Party Brazil 2008
    [​IMG]

The last one I saw with my own eyes and I am a HUGE fan of this case in particular.

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Orac 3 and Darkblade are still the best mods I've ever seen.

13. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I lurked on BT for a bit before joining up, and these projects, Dark Blade to be specific, was the kind of project that kept me coming back here. Thanks for bringing them back to the front page because they well and truly do deserve it.

14. spacehopper

spacehopper What's a Dremel?

and nothing by Mashie either..!!

15. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

16. Adis

Adis What's a Dremel?

+100 Orac3

17. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

18. logonui

logonui Minimodder

19. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

BaDassumption - I watched dutch build this when WizD was alive. Awesome build, and some serious attention to detail.

NeXXo is one of the originals, along with rich and Scopedog from WizD. Metaversa is a wicked project and along with Framestar Node needs to be on here too :)

Tags: Add Tags