1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Project "Franken-IV" Mitsubishi Evo Forged Track Car! (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'General' started by coolamasta, 10 Sep 2010.

1. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

Definitely dump that MAF. When I switched over to speed density, it was night and day for driveability, especially with the vent to atmosphere blow off valve.

2. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Been quite busy with the car over last couple of weeks, I took the inlet manifold off and took it to a local machine shop who beefed up the alloy on the outside of the flange the Throttle Body bolts to. This was done because when the inlet is ported out to 70mm (58mm std) then the walls get very thin.

I didn't bother doing any polishing or anything to the weld so they do look a bit messy but time was against me as I needed to get the car running and over to Indigo GT to get it mapped on the new Hydra ECU :D

Heres a pic of the lip of the inlet manifold with the new throttle body in place (excuse the crappy phone pic) you can see there is quite a lip which is why it needed porting to get the best out of it! :eeek:

[​IMG]

Here's some more pics of the re-fitting process, I gave the inlet a good de-greasing inside and then jet-washed the crap out, the ICV (Idle Control Valve) and TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) needed to be removed from old TB and put on the new one and you can see further down the inlet is opened right up to the size of the new 70mm TB... :cooldude:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone guess what the next 2 pics are all about? :naughty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. coolamasta

Been busy on the wheels today, 2 I had to do in Etch Primer (Grey) as I had the sand them back to alloy in places as wheels were in bit of a bad way when I got them, 1 is in White Primer ready for the Orange and 1 is done in Orange but not lacquered yet, all I can say in DAMN the Orange is bright, its not picked up very well on my camera phone though but will get some better ones with my SLR once done :)

[​IMG]

4. holzj17

holzj17 What's a Dremel?

this car just keeps getting better and better!!! cant wait for the finished photos!

5. coolamasta

Cheers bud, been mapped now on the new Hydra ECU and it goes bloody well, finding it hard to keep my hands of the Anti-Lag button though especially through tunnels, pop pop pop BANG lol

Got more pics to come but on a mission to get car ready for the trip to SPA and the Ring :D :D

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks awesome mate, are they Speedline Chrono's?

I've been doing some TD Pro Race 1.2's for my car, but being white they needed a hell of a lot of sanding (especially with being 12-spokes too).

What power figures are you looking at now? Presumably a healthy increase on previous. :D

What variation of anti-lag have you gone for? I'm guessing it's a bypass system, but that's just a guess. :)

7. coolamasta

Cheers mate, they are OZ F1 alloys, these have been through a hard life so had to be rubbed right back to bare mental on 2 of them hense the grey etch primer, they are all Orange now and im doing the inside of the rims black then need to prime and fit tyres :)

I really like the TD Pro Race 1.2's I bought some last year from eBay for track wheels and when I got tyres fitted and went to fit them on car I discovered they were the wrong bloody offset so wouldn't fit over my Brembo calipers without spacers (sod that) so sold them on :(

Power wise it made 351 at the wheels at 1.8 bar which depending on what conversion factor you use converting that to Flywheel power it equates to anywhere between 444 and 461 bhp, this is the limit of the turbo I have but the engine is blueprinted to be 600bhp capable :)

Using the standalone ECU and ditching the AFM the car drives so much smoother than it ever has, the new twin plate clutch has made it a lot more driveable so I can sit in traffic quite happily now so will start using it for work now and again when I feel in a noisy mood lol

As for Antilag its retarded ignition system with added fuel not a bypass system :)