1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Keyboard Conundrum!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phillthy, 27 Apr 2012.

1. Phillthy

Phillthy What's a Dremel?

I have read through the official keyboard thread btw but there is so much information I don't know where to start!

It would be good to see a top 20 (there's too many for a top 10 surely?!) that users could vote on, keeping it fresh all the time :)

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Best way to do it Phillthy in my mind is to work out any features which you want to have, backlighting, media buttons, size etc
    Then you can narrow it down, don't believe the hype too much.
    You'll most likely be very happy with whichever keyboard you end up going for :)

I personally would recommend a Poker since I love the size, but I know it's not for everyone.

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

What do you want it to do? gaming? Typing? It is such a personal choice! I have browns at home for gaming and blues at work for typing, I might try blues for gaming soon. I have also tried blacks but they didn't do it for me.

Post us your uses and budget :)

4. Phillthy

I'm going to be doing more gaming than anything, with the occasional work based typing. Blue backlighting, and wired preferably. Media buttons I'm not fussed by and size wise I've got quite big hands so nothing too small.

So:
    Gaming (with occasional work)
    Blue Backlight
    No special media keys etc required
    Not too small.

Budget upto around £100

:)

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Well the beauty with mechs, they all use standard keysize, so even the super small mini are the same size, they just have less keys to make it smaller, none of that reduced keysize crap like on netbooks. So don't count out stuff like the KBC Poker, as even though it takes up less room on the desk, its still like a full size board, just less keys most people never use.

Anyway, I still would recommend the Ducky Shine as the top for your wants. Which switch to get is still inconclusive. Still would probably say browns since it's a mix.

6. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

I spent a long time looking at different mech keyboards, but I have to confess that I gave up trying to find somewhere to "testdrive" one. So I gave up and went for a sidewinder x4 which was on sale (£16.99). I am reasonably content with it. My previous non mech keyboard lasted 8+ years, with almost daily extended use.

I am however determined that my next keyboard will be mech....hopefully by the time my x4 wears out they will be more readily available!

I was looking for a mech primarily for gaming, with backlighting, media keys and a standard key layout (with numpad I mean).

7. Phillthy

I quite like the look of the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid but it's not backlit! The CMSQR Pro is comign out but that's only partially backlit and in the wrong colour, humph! I'm not asking for much! >.<

8. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

My 2c Razer products vary wildly in their build quality and long term reliablity,
    Corsair products are generally awesome, over engineered and have good support
    Logitech are more conservative in their styling but support is really good

9. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Join geekhack and buy a KBT race from feng's group buy :) green white or red back light from memory.