1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Facebook Photo Albums: A Manifesto

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 27 Apr 2012.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Good blogging Paul.

Personally I don't care too much for Facebook, the other half 'manages' my account, it's mainly used to share family photos with the less techy friends and family.

2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I've slowly removed the "annoying" people from my Facebook profile, so I see little of the above nowadays. If it wasn't for my family (mainly likeable cousins scattered across the world) and my actual friends, I'd have deleted my account ages ago. Otherwise, it's a great tool for keeping in touch.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It's also pretty good for organising people for events. Like the nights out mentioned, or group holidays.

Oh, and the 200 pointless photos? It's always good to know what stupid stuff you did the night before.

4. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Bit Tech says what we think

5. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Speak for yourself!

6. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Fair point I suppose, though I still don't agree with Zuckerbergs quest to pwn all the datas -- I suppose arguably you could say it's par for the course with Google et al.

7. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

All of this is out the window if you are a hot woman, in which case we want to see ALL of your pix... yes those too, ESPECIALLY those!

8. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

That's only an issue if you do stupid stuff in the first place. ;)

9. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

So so true.

10. blackworx

blackworx Cable Wrangler

That kinda presupposes you could only use it to associate with vacuous, intrusive people. Admittedly that is what the vast majority of FB users do (alongside neurotically gathering as many "friends" as possible and having semi-regular "friend culls" during their brief moments of lucidity).

However if you use FB to keep in touch with, say, only the people you actually know, whose company you enjoy, and whom you regularly see IRL then it ceases to be vacuous and intrusive; it becomes just an extension of your social life.

11. Doktor_Jest

Doktor_Jest What's a Dremel?

The fundamental trick is we used to edit our images more rigorously than we do now. Processing was costly so you chose your shots and when they came back in the envelope you made yet more choices.
    I used my 120 format camera for the first time in years the other day, I'd forgotten the thrill of seeing an image for the first. It reminded me how commonplace, how mundane the whole process had become.
    We can't turn back the tech clock but we can relearn the approaches that came with film.

12. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I made a facebook group with regards the orientation of photos. Facebook used to be good but its all one big marketing machine. I am so close to permanently deleting my whole account. The end is nigh......... Anyone remember MySpace?

13. stormvixen

stormvixen What's a Dremel?

As a photographer in my spare time - I do a lot of gig photography, so those albums tend to have a fair few images in there...which means that the higher limit is actually useful... but not for everyone!
    I don't believe in photoshop though, so if I can't do what I need to do in standard software (the odd crop, red-eye removal (in paint generally no less!) then it doesn't get uploaded. Simple as that.
    I use the same rules in my own pictures...it's not only beneficial for you, because you don't look inept but it saves everyone else's eyes!!

I for one, HATE having to look through a zillion photos of blurred/back of head in front to find a decent(ish) image...

14. Res

Res What's a Dremel?

Clever post that even I (who generally does not 'like' articles for facebook) shared. The girls I have on my facebook that have an evening with themselves in the mirror with a camera that then decide to upload every damn picture they took, do my head in.

Perving is so much more fun if they filter the quality after all.

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's why I thoroughly enjoy using a 4x5in large format camera. £5 per exposure really focuses your mind.

16. castleofillusion

castleofillusion Ms. Shortbread

I agree with most of this post, except the fifth point. Personally I don't want to be tagged in photos, in fact if I had my way friends would not be allowed to post photos of me on their page. why? well firstly I want to choose what gets shared with Facebook and indeed the internet. Secondly I don't particularly want friends of friends to see photographs with me in them and thirdly not all of my friends have private profiles or customise privacy to photographs.

17. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

How can the internet ever be clogged up?
    As with most things - if you don't want to see it - look away.

18. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

If they don't respect your privacy wishes, they're not really your friends. Consider "unfriending" them in real life.

19. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

simplez edit them and re up load them to 9gag and then laugh at there expense .....

20. ArgOs

ArgOs What's a Dremel?

1. "Nobody needs to see 60 images of your drunken night out every single week"
    Nooo!:wallbash: can I put 20 pictures?

A good Manifesto:thumb:

Tags: Add Tags