1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Rate the above persons rig/sig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AoE, 22 Feb 2012.

1. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

10/10

Good-looking case, decent hardware, decent OC, neatly organized.

No complaints.

As for mine, be generous, I have exactly $0.00 in my wallet.
    And I've spent $20 total for all of it.

Last edited: 2 May 2012
  2. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

I'm a complete newbie here but I wanted to see what people think of my (soon to be complete) rig. However that means weighing in on someone else's. I was gonna go with 6/10 due to AMD and old OS but I'll give it 7/10 for being $20! Haha

In regards to mine, I'll be over clocking both CPU and graphics once I learn how haha.

3. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

Updated mine with higher overclock and newer generation SSD

4. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

When I think that most researcher are working with OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD computer, trying to save lives.

I'm pretty ashamed to see how often we change our rig just to keep fps above 200 .... damn human beeing, always wanting more than they need and mainly for useless reasons (the major one being : Having a bigger one than my neightboor and making sure everyone noticed it).

EDIT : Mine got 3.5 but still can play almost everything @ max setting. What's the need of a 5GHz i7 with 10 GPU of the sole gaming activity ? People spreading their money like it is nothing, and for childing use, just disgust me. That only involves me, and I'm aware that I'll get headshot for that but I wanted to say it at least once !

EDIT² : And I don't care if I get suspended or banned for that.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

"Sacrebleu" the keyboard gets a few extra the rest a bit out dated so only 5/10

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Drunk perhaps?

It's no different to any other hobby. Why spend ££££ on a nice car when one only worth 10% of the other will serve the same purpose?

It's just a hobby. You say it's just childish use? What about the insanely powerful rigs some people have for F@H? That's a damn worthy cause wouldn't you say?

When you built your rig a few years ago? Why didn't you go with a cheap E2160 or something? Does the same job, would have played the same games. Having said this though, looking at your rig, if you'd bought all those parts new, it would have set you back a fair amount each time, so your entire post makes you sound a little hypocritical.

Teel: 9001/10 for that OC :thumb:

7. GuilleAcoustic

I went from a Athlon XP2000 + Geforce2 Mx (bought in 2002) to a Q6600 with onboard 9300 in 2009. Bought the 5870 for 120€ in 2011 to replace the onboard 9300 of my mobo. Still have 2x 160GB HDD. I have the same keyboard since 1996 and my AKG was bought @ 70% off.

Hypocritical, I do not think so. I keep my computer till their total death, same with my cars and I never buy brand new cars. Folding@home is nice but only for Stanford projects. And even among Stanford researcher, not all of them use it (a friend of mine is a researcher in SF). Plus stanford is not really in "need". I have visited it and the hardware is trully awesome.

Drunk .... not even 1 drop of alcohol. I have a 10 yo car (I could buy a bigger one, but what the use of 300HP, leather sit or 20" wheels ?). Still have my CRT TV too. I just can bear all those wasted money, stuff (dozen of working TV every 2 weeks @ the disposal) etc etc etc.

Hobbies can cost $$$$, I agree .... but this is not hobby here, just vanity (same with BIG cars, new phone every 6 month, jeans @ 150€ which last less than 40€ ones etc....). People are placing their "hobbies" before important things (paying the loan, fiiling the fridge, children education and health).

I buy things in a way that they can last as long as possible ($$$ / year of use). But why buying and high end rig, TV, phone and change then after 6 month / 1 year ? That's what most people are doing.

EDIT : And when I hear people saying : "I do not buy music, game or movie coz it is too expensive." .... this is pure stupidity. They can spend all their money or expensive things, but they hapilly steal inexpensive stuff ... Waste, buy buy buy. I'm really affraid of the covilization where my children are going to grow. Poor earth

EDIT² : .... I'm totally depressed on how the world and society is evolving, sorry if I sound hard. But so many selfish people, almost got shamed by cars every day because drivers do not feel like stopping their cars when someone is crossing the road, etc etc. Probably not everyone is like that, but the only ones I see are the bad ones. And trust me french are selfish, arogant and racist ... we are known as the country of freedom ... how shameful :wallbash:

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Fair play, I didn't know when you bought your hardware so fair enough. Surely this is a hobby though? People by new stuff because it's what they enjoy, they enjoy tinkering, messing about with, overclocking etc. You could even possibly say that without people like us we wouldn't have some of the advancements in tech we do today.

Where you've said "People are placing their "hobbies" before important things (paying the loan, fiiling the fridge, children education and health)", have you any proof of this? I've seen a few threads in the Marketplace where people are selling their rigs to pay rent, and before you say that's because they spent it all on PC stuff, how are you meant to pay rent if your job screws your pay up?

I can see this taking the thread wildly off topic, can I suggest you make a new thread in general if you want to take it further?

9. GuilleAcoustic

No prob, I'll stop the off-topic. Sorry for disturbing the thread ...'bout people placing hobbies .... I might just be surrounded, at work and where I live, by people like that (Thanks Paris and the bank related job). Laking rest and holidays too :(. Sorry again

10. Tigernos

So no one actually rated mine haha, repost :)

11. Teelzebub

4/10 for not actually owning most of it lol

12. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Its a hard job to rate a rig that has no processor, memory or GPU :)

A 1 for the non rig sig (1 point for your intentions!)

8 for what you have planned... better GPU would increase that score :thumb:

Ninja'd by tel... who gets a 9

13. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

A solid 9 for you aswell. Great CPU and board, solid overclock, good dose of RAM and a great graphics card and monitor!

14. Tigernos

*sob* fair point. Buying the CPU and cooler tomorrow. Gpu and ram next week. I'm not as rich as I'd like haha

15. fata1_666

fata1_666 ...

sorry i havent a clue how to insert build into post, so ill type it
    Fractual core 1000 case, i5 2400, gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV, 640gb hard disk(soon to be ssd drive), Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Blu, geforce gtx 460 oc 768mb, seasonic 430watt psu, blu ray drive gbc-h2on(ebay from dell) and a 3.5 inch card reader.

performs well 18months old some of the older parts beginning my summer refresh soon but shhh dont tell the mrs :)

16. Williz

Williz Minimodder

^
    It's okay for a mid build. Needs upgrading though!

As for mine (This will go in my sig when I get around to it)

Silverstone RV-02 White edition
    Asus Crosshair V (Recently acquired to upgrade my IV and get UEFI goodness)
    AMD 1090T Phenom at 4 GHz (I need to play with OC a bit more, also waiting for trinity as Bulldozer hasn't wow'd me)
    RAM 12Gb of Corsair dominator at 1600Mhz
    2x XFX 6870 Black Editions
    1x Crucial M4 64Gb
    4 x 1Tb Samsung (Need to check what models, also accquired right before the floods so only £35 a piece :D)
    PSU is a Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
    To upgrade to Watercooling when I have saved up £600 and case mod a bit.

17. Teelzebub

Top left of page click on User CP then left side of your profile click on Edit Signature add your sig and save changes

Apophis54 likes this.
  18. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

A solid 9 Tel. :)

Apophis54 likes this.
  19. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I work DAMNED hard for the money I earn. I work hard educating other people's ungrateful offspring and try to give them a chance in the world. I'm constantly exhibiting symptoms of stress related disorders due to the pressure we're under to work miracles with NO money thanks to all the MORONS who voted conservative, and you know what? I want a few nice things in my life to make my own personal time more entertaining.

...im not even going to begin explaining that the horsepower in this rig is actually used professionally, as I damned well don't have to justify anything to anyone. It's MY money.. what do you suggest I do with it? Give it away? I spent 40 hours a week GIVING to other people. I gave up a career in a highly paid profession to teach for... here's a laugh.... job satisfaction, and altruistic reasons... so stop judging people's personal habits from your own subjective moral ground.

Now zip it!

20. Williz

Williz Minimodder

Fuuu I wish I could afford 2 x 30"s awesome build

Asus Crosshair V (Recently acquired to upgrade my IV and get UEFI goodness)
    AMD 1090T Phenom at 4 GHz (I need to play with OC a bit more, also waiting for trinity as Bulldozer hasn't wow'd me)
    4 x 1Tb Samsung (Need to check what models, also accquired right before the floods so only £35 a piece )
    PSU is a Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
    To upgrade to Watercooling when I have saved up £600 and case mod a bit.