1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

125 rider reporting in! :p I'm on a CBF 125 for a bit before taking on my DAS. Will either part ex it for a big bike or keep it as a commuter since it's so cheap to fill up :) Although my gear lever trolled me the other day :(

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I almost choked the other day, when I saw Honda Wing Namibia selling all heir MY11 bikes for DIRT cheap.
    Idea: an MY12 CBR600RR costs ~N$112.000
    The other day they were selling their MY11 stock - BRAND NEW - fro N$60.000 a pop.

The list literally include every sinlge model that Honda had in 2011...

I just didn't have the cash...

3. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

Orca is that an airbag jacket your wearing ?

4. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

What? lol no just a normal hi-viz vest over my jacket. Probably just the wide angle making it look bigger than it is :p

5. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

Video from my friends crash, he had a passenger on his bike and when the guy on the yellow crashed in front of him he target fixated and tried to stop and lost his front tire on the gravel. Guy on yellow got a broken leg and some other minor damage. My friend and his passenger were able to walk away with minor rash and lots of bruises both bikes were totaled.

Please use gear when you ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8bxZJ4XXvs&list=UUQoYfh97Nl6ckvUfau9tkLA&index=1&feature=plcp

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Some clown freaking snapped one of my front indicators off.

Going to have to spend about £250 doing my bike up then sell it for 2.8k, then either invest in a r6 or fto=/ decisions.

Can a 21 year old get insurance on a R6?

7. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

I was 22 when I bought a £5.7k street triple R so I am pretty sure you can get insured on an R6 - however your location and any NCB/claims will have a massive effect (garaged at my parents house would've cost £400 more then ungaraged where I lived!)

8. RTT

RTT #parp

That thing actually sounds like a hairdryer :cooldude: ... which is a vast improvement, because every honda 125 I rode sounded like someone had thrown a few marbles into the crank case!

9. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Liking the meme faces! What video editing software are you using? More importantly, when's the first motovlog going to appear? :D

In related news, my Drift camera's basically kaputt :(

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Damn that sucks, think you can get it replaced under warranty or something? I used Final Cut Pro for the edit, and as for motovlogging I'm not sure if I have anything interesting to vlog about :hehe: Could give it a go I guess, I do have an external mic now since I wasn't digging the internal mic on the camera.

Oh and turns out whatever's happened to the gear lever warrants a brand new replacement, so I am out of action until the dealer's sorted that out for me. I miss my bike :( but you know what I also miss more? Some dry weather grrr :wallbash:

11. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

Buddy hit a corner to fast with bad body position and low sided he is fine just sore and the bike is just cosmetic but is going to the shop today to get double checked. He rode it the rest of the day and road it home.

Just another reminder to use your gear.

***edit in IE on my work computer the video isnt showing up hear is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqTXtIn3UI

Last edited by a moderator: 2 May 2012
  12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Remember folks, use the string after v= between the tags, not the URL.

Perfect example of ATGATT eh? Even so that looked like a lot of lean to be pulling on a public road, especially on a painted line.

13. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

thanks for the fix.

Yeah there was some debate amongst my local riding forum as to if he slipped the rear tire out out on the center line and my friend thinks he may have blipped his rear brake. But I think a lot of it had to do with body position and the speed that he took the corner at.

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

To my non-biker eyes it looks like a combo of too much lean leaving him no additional grip once the back unsettled and the angle increased slightly, and the slippery surface of the centre line.

15. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Fairly new poster - ride a BMW S1000rr - lucky me

If Ducati do the Panigale in black though, the Beemer is sold in a shot

16. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Still loving my SV650! Love the growl she makes under load at low revs or when you just open her up. Fantastic! Definitely not loving the lack of ride outs I've done recently. None since Easter. Roll on next Tuesday when all my work will be done! Anyone free after then for a ride?

I'm also strongly considering forking out (no pun intended!) for some new fork springs/oil. Current ones are considerably crap! Only problem is I'd need a rear paddock stand and hanging point as well as an adjustable torque wrench first, none of which I have. :duh:

17. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Have you considered GSXR 600 forks ? I think I'm right in thinking they're a slot it

18. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Why do you think you need new fork springs dude? I'd be surprised if you're already at the point where your riding demands uprated forks...

@ Tec_

I agree he's super close to the line but I agree more that body position couldn't be a lot worse, the bike is in the position he should be in and the rider is as upright as the bike should be.....!

@ Fat Tony

Where abouts are you based dude?

19. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

I'm not suggesting my riding is that good yet, the upgrade would be more to fix a few issues. Most SV forums suggest that changing the oil from the stock 5W to 15/20W is the first thing you should try. The 'upgrade' would be to stop 3 things really, first and foremost to stop the 'chattering' I've experienced on higher speed corners, even when not really leaned over. Not nice when the front end starts wiggling... The second is to stop the front end diving like a startled trout under braking, it's ridiculous how much the front end compresses! Thirdly, it would hopefully stop the almighty 'reverse' bottom-out clunk whenever I hit the most modest bump.

Even if I don't get new springs, I'd have thought upping the fork oil weight would be worth a try? :)

Besides that, I need to find a nice straight dark road sometime and adjust my headlights. Don't give me the best view on low or high beam really.

20. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Manchester mate - but my biking haunt is Mid-Wales