1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding TJ07 powerswitch/mobo connectors- easiest way to braid

Discussion in 'Modding' started by the scunner thommo, 6 May 2012.

1. the scunner thommo

the scunner thommo What's a Dremel?

Fellow modders, a noob here who is someway through modding a TJ07 to be as black as possible.
    The cases power switches are a nice bright white and I want them black- what's the easiest or best way to do this as I have never braided anything in my life.
    The case is running a dual water loop, with a quad and double rad in the case floor to keep it as hidden and tidy as possible.
    I will also need to make a shield to cover the cables from the mobo to DVD drive along with the HDD to keep a sleek look- also any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Well you could just use braided extensions for those pins? (power reset etc) they normally also include the LED jumpers.

What fan configuration are you using with a quad and a double in the base? And where is your pump? (just out of interest)

I am about to tweak my existing tj case mid. See sig rig for pics.

3. the scunner thommo

bd
    Thanks for the heads up on the extension cables- I never knew that you could get them-set duly ordered!!

I am using the quad for the GPU- a GTX680 and the dual for the CPU
    all case fans are Fractal designs- 120mm x 6 on the fans and 2x 92mm on the case for exhaust
    I have tried both push and pull for the radiator fans and I found no difference at all tbh but have them currently as pull.
    I use a dual XSPC 5.25" dual reservoir with 2 Lang DDL pumps attached to the reservoir and house them within the HDD section
    It seems to work well as when I used this config on my GTX 580 SLI and i920 o/c to 4.4Ghz, temps never went above 35c even at full tilt
    I am in the middle of a rebuild- my mobo went ker-splut so am uopgrading the rig- should have it sorted in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited: 6 May 2012
  4. bdigital

Your welcome :) Ive used them a few times and they do the treat nicely.

I will shortly be re-working my TJ07. Moving from a triple rad, to a quad. But the idea of squeezing another double in there interests me :)

If i did, i would have to move my pump from the base up to the HDD area. But its way too much cooling for just CPU and GPU, i would have to get the motherboard involved lol.

Im also going to re-work some of the internal panels, as they are not quite perfect and it bugs me. Il update the pics in my sig once its done, but will probably be another month yet as i need to make the CAD files up yet.

All the best with yours, put some pics up when your done. :thumb:

5. the scunner thommo

bd
    the only problem with using a quad & dual in the base is a distinct lack of space for cables- I don't know how many times I have tried to get the cabling tight and clean only to find the case not fitting great.
    I have to say I do like the tj07 but I think that the midplate & cable routing is poor and does need altering- I am thinking about making a midplate/hdd cover to hide everything but a removable partition in order to change the fluid/fans etc but a complete novice at this kind of thing so won't be for a while until I can attempt this

6. bdigital

You mean something like mine? See the pics in my signature if you havent already. I use that to hide cables.

Having said that though, my next tweak in the next month or two will involve modding ths hdd bay 90° so that the drives can be plugged in from the rear side panel. Removing the need to route and hide cables from the traditional place.

7. the scunner thommo

BD
    How did you do your shield- that's the exact thingy I'm looking at- apart from the name in lights:D:eyebrow:
    Me likey no lights or anything- boring but that's dem game

8. bdigital

I drew up what i wanted in CAD and had them made by a friend who does laser cutting :dremel: