1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

*runs off*
    Woop woop woop woop woop

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

The new spectator mode is a very nice feature I must say, although I'm not too keen on thought of people being able to watch me!

4. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

Only your friends can watch you unless your featured as far as I know.

5. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Spectator Mode is great, but they really need to give you the option of removing the 3min Delay and then only see the friendly team.

That way you could watch your friends play in "real time" and be able to comment ("wow, nice juke/kill" or "why the **** did you do that :p") or coach/mentor them as the game progresses and not 3 min after it happens.

6. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

If they did this then you pretty much have a 6th pair of eyes on your team which can/would cause an advantage. One example would be I'm top focusing on last hitting / harassing and I don't see the enemy jungler entering in time. Where as my friend not that intent on tunnel visioning minions would warn me.

7. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

That's true, but then that's exactly the type of thing that would help when teaching/introducing newbies to the game.

"You need to back off, look how mid has disappeared"

or

"That's the third time you've died from that Jungler gank, see how warding your river is important"

Firstly, if you're a jungler and relying on the element of surprise to gank, then more often than not you'll probably fail, simply because map awareness is key to being able to play the game well. I mean sure there may be the odd instance that a person isn't paying attention, but overall i can't see it making a difference... not at normal ELO anyways.

Also, you assume that your friend will be spectating you every single minute, but if you're solo top and farming... it's just boring and i'd probably go flick to a different lane.

I don't see it being much different than how i play currently with friends, whereby i'll go watch them whilst i'm walking back to lane or am dead and being that "second pair of eyes"... more often than not they'll just be like "yeah, i can see that.

There are still more important issues with the current Spectator Mode anyways. Whilst a 3min delay is probably intended so you're not "too" behind a game, it gives much more important information such as when enemy Jungle/Baron/Dragon Buffs are available, when wards expire (they last 3min., so the moment you see someone ward something, you can tell your friend that said ward has expired) and not to mention Teemo Shrooms last 10min and you'll be able to see most of them.

Whilst having a friend may tip the scales in terms of Ranked Games (of which i think Spectator Mode should probably just be disabled), i really can't see an issue with live streaming in Normal Games.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Today I learned that the enemy team jungler really hates it if you steal their blue three times in a row :lol:

Got called a

[​IMG]

several times

Last edited: 7 May 2012
  9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Tool... wood... bunch of sticks? ¬.¬ /lost

Anyways, i love counter-jungling... i had a great game as Udyr recently, went and ganked Bot immediately after taking Blue (which failed), but then went and stole their Red and killed their Warwick in the Jungle at the same time.

That dominance then netted me all of their subsequent buffs for the entirety of the game bar a Lizard Buff i missed at the end of the game :(.

They raged so hard at their own Jungler... felt kinda sorry for him :(.

10. docodine

I wasn't even the jungler, I was top lane as Vlad

Their Udyr jungler was using smite way early every time lol

11. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

lmfao.

Then he deserves to be punished :p

12. CanItRunSoldat?

CanItRunSoldat? What's a Dremel?

They need to create something similar to HoN's Mentor mode, where there is no delay in play but the spectator is limited to the same field of view that the player has, that way there is no advantage in terms of having an extra pair of eyes.

In other news, finally ventured back into ranked play after getting incredibly frustrated with my own play and have managed to go up 120 elo this weekend! Must say the silver badge looks nice, but am pretty sure I won't be satisfied until I finally hit plat!

Good to aim high anyway :D

13. docodine

GOT MY FIRST (unofficial) PENTAKILL

As... Mid Heimerdinger!

Officially it was a triple kill followed by a double kill, but hey, it was all in the same fight, and it resulted in an ace...

Other team decided to teamfight around my turrets, not killing them. My ult, plus rockets + two perfectly landed grenades meant that I could clean up :lol:

[​IMG]

Love my Heimer skin.

Now just to get a real pentakill......

14. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Congrats! Especially with Heimer since they nerfed his skillset into the ground.

If you're looking for an 'easy' penta, go with Kat as her cooldown refreshes just beg for you to keep on killing.

I'm trying to pick up mid champions again, as I've not really played the role in quite some time. I've bought Cassiopeia, Gragas and TF though Gragas is the only one I've had relatively consistent success with so far. Need to put in the time with the other two to really get to grips with them, and I need to start ganking the sidelanes far more frequently than I currently do.

15. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Need to stop playing eve and play league with me :(

16. docodine

I didn't play League with pre-nerf Himerdinger, though I've heard stories of how much of a real terror he was...

His champion spotlight is funny to see, Phreak recommends you just leave turrets in random bushes and in lane for utility purposes... I wish I could still lay down 3 or 5 turrets :(

17. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

Why do people play this game?

Edit: Not the average player I mean professionally. As someone who doesn't like pro-gaming, LoL seems like a complete insult to every other Pro-Game.

Last edited: 23 May 2012
  18. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Its a popular game, and some people have pre-made teams which make it a lot more enjoyable to play / some people love the competition. I know they make a decent amount of live-streams. Play a few ads between games to a couple thousand people and they'll be making enough money to make playing for hours and hours worthwhile. Some people do it for enjoyment, others do it for fun.

Though Starcraft is completely different, in Korea and other places, top players are considered celebrities and make huge bank from public appearances and endorsements. Also unrelated is WoW, Athene who is considered one of the best WoW players does live-streams to make money for charity. I'm not sure HOW long he has been doing it but his latest goal was 1 million dollars and he was already somewhere at the 600,000 dollar mark. Not sure how long he played for, but for some people it is a lifestyle. Not everyone is social, and some people may just hide in the dark playing games.

When I personally compare HoN to LoL, the two are very different. Though they have the same idea the execution and play styles are completely different. I personally think even when Dota2 comes out, only the more "hardcore" players and fans will swap over. I found HoN to have a steep learning curve, while LoL is a bit easier to get into, which is another reason why it may be so popular.

I still play LoL, but I only play with a couple friends. I don't have the patience to queue with randoms because they insta-lock and I'm not familiar with who they are, how they play and what to expect. I think who you play with changes the experience and how the game rubs off on you.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

They enjoy it/are good at it.

I think that goes for most esports surely?

What exactly are you referring to in terms of being insulting?

It's a team oriented game with a wide variety of champions and combinations that mean every match will be different. Different teams and regions also add to the different "metas" which show that the game is still evolving and that it's not just a case of only a few champions are viable. (that's not saying there aren't champions who aren't viable, but almost every champion has been at least classed as viable at some point).

20. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

It seems I've been completely misunderstood.

I don't mean "Why are pro-gamers pro-gamers" I mean "Why do people treat LoL as a pro-game?"

Everything about LoL to be comes off as being completely opposed to Pro-gaming.