1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Simcity Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 9 May 2012.

1. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Sim Collectivised Farming: Forward, exemplary workers, and harvest a bountiful future!

[​IMG]

2. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Where did you see the final release graphics? Because the embedded videos specifically say that they are not final graphics and the game is in debug mode to demonstrate the economic mechanics at work.

3. JPicasso

JPicasso What's a Dremel?

Would be nice if we had the option to play OFFLINE. What core game play is added by requiring always-on internet? Smog from your neighbor? Exciting.

As Nikumba said. Shame on you for not pointing this huge flaw out. (Yes, every time you report on it)

4. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I should think EA justify it by saying no one will pay for it on PC otherwise, as if every one on PCs just pirate games :(

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I commented on what I saw. I didn't read anything sorry. Alpha, beta or final, whatever. I didn't slag it off, just made a comment on that video. I ALWAYS wait until the shipped edition before I pass judgement.

6. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

The GIMP and free time is a bad combination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EA Corporate Limited Edition Deluxe. $150 + $10pm subscription. I'd play that.

Last edited: 9 May 2012
  7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Personally I think this looks unbelievably exciting. I played Sim City and Sim City 2000 to death back in the day and have been waiting patiently for a proper update, and this looks like it. I can see me wasting hours just watching my Sims wander around my city.

The always online thing (if it is indeed literally every-second) doesn't both me at all, I wouldn't play this on anything other than my PC and that's got a rock solid Internet connection. Plus, as long as they genuinely add something with it (even if the primary reason is DRM) then I only benefit from it. I get why it would be an issue for many people, it just doesn't affect me personally.

8. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

I was expecting to be disappointed by this game before they started releasing videos. So far the only thing I am worried about is the fact that it forces you to connect to other people's cities. Who knows what kind of crazy things your neighbor cities will do? That makes it difficult (impossible?) to build what you want to build.

9. Valinor

Valinor What's a Dremel?

I think they said that there'd be a single player component (like SimCity 4, where you can build lots of connected cities). Didn't say that it wouldn't require an internet connection though (chances are it will).

10. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Looks good, but still no Steam no purchase.

11. echo three

echo three What's a Dremel?

Cannot wait for this game and to loose many days and nights to it.

12. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

"....Looks awful." is a judgement.

13. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Don't believe you are forced into multi-player mearly that it requires an always online connection.

14. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

As long as this is more like Sim City 4 than Sim City Societies, then I'll be buying. Not at Origin prices of course...

15. Zanib

Zanib What's a Dremel?

Looks awesome. . . but if EA have anything to do with it, chances are it will be a hyped up load of s**t

16. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Indeed it's like EA have a QA team that takes the completed games from their developers and randomly attaches **** elements to it

17. asura

asura jack of all trades

"...each car on the road is a properly simulated agent...." This sort of attention to detail is exactly what I'm looking for in a city simulator - if it's decent then it'll be my first game since CivIV.

18. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

Despite EA being the ****ing devil, ill happily suckle on satans teet to play this.

Probably suck his dick too.

:(

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Only on that video. Must I specify further to avoid potential comments about it only being a beta build ect? I also added that looks aren't everything. I well know a game can be good without them. Pardon me for forgetting that the internets pick up on everything..

20. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

Wonder if you will be able to start gang warfare with neighbouring cities online.

Tags: Add Tags