1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Which SSD to get?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkwisdom, 8 May 2012.

1. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Can't recall which site it was when i caught the news on Monday but, since Sunday, there's already been at least one new RC as OCZ fixed some bugs between the original 'reviewers release' & the current RC6 that's availble to the public...

...so the one available's not definitely final.

There's also this comment from OCZ staff (in response to a straight question about whether the final 1.4 ver will be destructive) after the RC6 was released -

"I will have to get confirmation on this from the office, but I believe, no it will not be.

One of the reasons for it being destructive were the speed increases. The released version will not be removing these increases, should only be any "bug" fixes necessary. That should make it a NON destructive update, but I can't guarantee anything at this point, it will hinge on what might need fixing."

Don't get me wrong here - i'm certainly not saying that RC f/w (or software) is inherently shonky, & it's been made abundantly clear that this is what it is on/in the OCZ website, toolbox, press release, etc...

(esp as releasing it means that people can see first hand that the V4's gotten much better)

...but a RC is a (hopefully) final beta to allow for errors testing.

2. mo2580

mo2580 What's a Dremel?

thanks dave beast for clarifying