1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Phone Upgrade: HTC One X on Vodafone?

Discussion in 'General' started by Madness_3d, 10 May 2012.

1. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Phone upgrade is due, Thinking about getting a HTC One X on Vodafone, is this a good idea?

My phone history is pretty sparce, last two were iPhones so this'll be a nice upgrade to android :)

Any idea if Vodafone are any good for android updates?

2. LJF

LJF Modded

I would be tempted wait until the Samsung Galaxy S3 is available at the end of the month if you're after the bleeding edge of the mobile tech. If not, it might have an impact on the market in terms of what deals you might be able to cut on the One X.

3. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

The one X is pretty good and Vodafone aren't bad with updates I have one of my sensations with them.

But I install custom roms and firmware anyways so am not really delayed by updates from carriers.

If you want the true potential of the one X I'd install a custom rom anyways, I installed on for my mate and the phone is faster and has better battery life.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Be advised that the white HTC One X does not play well with denims. (See here)

5. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

The One X has no microSD card slot :-(
    The Galaxy 3 has a microSD card slot :)
    Conclusion: Buy the SGS3!

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

One X or S3.
    Maybe Nexus or Note if you fancy vanilla android/saving bit of money/a giant screen.
    They're all pretty awesome. Find a shop that has them working and have a play and see which one grabs you.

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Just got the HTC one X yesterday, So far I really like it pretty fast with the quad core as well come's with ICS installed .

8. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Looked at S3 and don't think it's for me, Don't like the way the OLED display kinda glows funnily and never liked touchwiz so I think I'm gonna go for One X. Lack of SD slot doesn't really bother me too much 32GB is probably enough for me, and although it would be nice it's not a biggy, Prefer Sense enough that it's kinda swinging my decision.

9. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

Imho One X vs GS3

-One X looks much more interesting, S3 is pig ugly and built from cheap looking plastic
    -has a better screen (though the S3 is not very far behind),
    -is built from better materials,
    -has no SD card (built in storage will be enough for the vast majority of users though, unless you really have to carry around more than 16 GB of music and video around with you),
    -no removable battery (which is the only clear loss for HTC in my eyes),
    -has far better software judging from first impressions (Sense 4.0 >>>>>> Touchwizz Nature UX). Mind you, this is all based judging on the Samsung event and the fairly short previews and hands on presentations.

If you put custom Roms on them then the point on software is moot and I expect both phones to be popular and have good community support. Every carrier and every manufacturer is crap when it comes to upgrading skinned Android phones though. Shouldn't matter for a while, but when eventually Android 4.1 or 5.0 come along expect a long wait and confusion.

When it comes to hardware alone, I think there is no contest unless you really,really can't live without the SD card or removable battery.

As for Vodafone, when it comes to carriers, it looks like Three has by far the best UK pricing on new contracts, but maybe you can get a better offer through Vodafone retentions.

10. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

One X > S3.

It's an easy choice. Any manufacturer, in this case Samsung, who ships their flagship phone with a pen-tile display loses out for me.