1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 10 May 2012.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

dont think nvidia will release a £200 graphics card this time around

660 will probably retail Around £220-250

they can then keep the 570 at its current £200 price

560 ti around £150

both have been mensioned by nvidia when talking about the new cards seems like only the 580 is going end of line any time soon

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

what's funny to me is nvidia been dropping the ball on image quality.. not to mention just basic optimization.. take the recent guildwars 2 beta for example, not even going to bring up the release of rage and skyrim- that will just bring out the nvidia goblins in force.. even though posted videos and screens that proved what they were seeing was pure ass due to drivers

anyways in the beta, amd users could play just fine with 2 year old cards.. the 680s were getting <20 fps.. and they cried until anet told them it was cpu capped (which was telling them, nvidia never bothered to optimize the game)

the game looked absolutely beautiful on my rig.. but then you listen to a guy with nvidia cards, they go as far as saying the game was ugly xD rage came back to mind.. and skyrim on release came to mind.. nvidia users are getting huangs ass to their face and blaming it on the devs.. and since there is so many of them- it gets taken as truth when they might as well have huangs buttcheecks clintch up around their ears..

then they have twimtbp games.. and folding- which is well the same thing :D then someone like me.. running pyrit on both nvidia and amd, see that nvidia is smoke and mirrors.. great marketing but on the hardware end- amd offers much better performance for the money.. but it's always drown out by huang swinging from chandeliers and his twimtbp programs

running nvidia since 2008, I actually thought having all these problems at a games launch was normal.. I just run a old driver nowdays on a overclocked 6970 and it runs everything.. not to mention is 3x faster in gpugpu than a 580 running a dictionary attack (a open source client which was optimized for both)

I can run multiple monitors too.. it's just so much better, and you never really hear them bragging it up.. they should :D

3. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Oooohh! What a nice and small card! :clap: Bravo Nvidia!

Is it time to start wishing for a a pair of decently-cooled single-slot GTX660 in SLI? By the looks of the 600 series so far, it's doable. :naughty:

4. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

I can't believe it performs so well?

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Makes me think BMW! Will be interesting to see what watercooling blocks are like considering the reference design has half the ram on the other side of the board. They should have intergrated the ram cooling into the fan bracket, with fins before and after the GPU.

6. Eldorado

Eldorado Needs new glasses..

Looking forward to the 660, my 460 is getting a little long in the tooth.
    Though I hope it's as affordable as my 460 was..

7. rollo

rollo Modder

lol the hippos

its called BETA for a reason

8. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

still a little high for me =[ looks like a used 580gtx will have to do

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Well... seriously.. what is the point of the 680 now? £330 vs. £420.. almost as fast, less power consumption, smaller...

I'll be taking 2 of these as my upgrade to tide me over until Maxwell hits the shelves.

What a great little card! Good review too Bit!

Last edited: 10 May 2012
  10. PukWorld

PukWorld Banned

Should i sell my 6970 lightning for a gtx670 ?? or is it not worth it ?

11. Lethal

Lethal What's a Dremel?

Same, although I bought by 460 about 3 months before I heard of 5 series and the prices dropped :(. Although I didn't have a choice as the 8800GT packed up.

Just waiting for that 660Ti to make an appearance now.. and/or hoping for some reputable manufacturers to release some good OC versions of 670 with some great cooling to boot (MSI Twin-Frozr 670?) at reasonable prices of course.

12. Pookeyhead

Aaargh! I've just noticed what a STUPID place the PCI power sockets are located! WTF?? I know the card is smaller than the whole casing, but... just.... grrr...

13. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Surely it's better having them on the side to reduce length as much as possible. I've had problems having the connectors at the end before.

14. Pookeyhead

Length ain't a problem here... and it would be a damned sight neater. Oh well.. not the end of the world.

Does anyone know if the 670 still clocks down with two monitors connected like the 680 does?

15. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

would love to see a review of this vs gtx 460 in sli and hd6850 in cf :D

16. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Just ordered the Gigabyte windforce 3 edition. Can't wait!!

Should be a hell of a step up from my gigabyte windforce 460s that have served me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Me too, reminds me of my first gaming PC; AMD Athlon 3800+, Asus a8n-sli deluxe, a 160Gb WD Caviar and 1Gb of DDR PC3200. Loved that PC, managed to rack up a few hundred CSS hours on it back in the day.

18. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

92%, is it really that good !, for the price, and the rating, Id want 500 fps in bf3 @ dx11@1080p, of course, the value looks good when you compare it to its bigger brother, £330 is still way too much, I wonder where the drop off point in terms of performance v price is, nvidia nailed it with the 460 @ £140, now they are asking us to spend almost DOUBLE that for for its 6 series stable mate, the 660, (due shortly), AMD are suffering this disease also, but, at least those cards are quiet and less power hungry, if both of em aint carefull, they will price dudes like me out of the market, I await AMD's response with interest.....

19. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

The 460 was about £199 on release according to the Bit-Tech review. You seem to be quoting a more recent price.
    Also the 470 was £299. £30 difference isn't that bad is it?

20. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

ur right, BUT, I still think the 660 will cost around the £250-£300 mark...AND...I cant see nvidia dropping prices as much as the did with the 460...if I could get a 660 a few months after release for £140, im in, but somehow, I dont think that will be happening...

Tags: Add Tags