1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage OCZ Agility Fail?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ollie1807, 17 May 2012.

1. Ollie1807

Ollie1807 What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone had encountered this, I bought the following SSD -

http://www.ebuyer.com/268239-ocz-60gb-agility-3-ssd-agt3-25sat3-60g

This was last year in December, it's been great for the most part but it seems like once a month/every two months my PC will refuse to boot up and I get the message 'BOOT MGR MISSING' on the W7 loading OS screen. This usually results in me having to repair/reformat..

I'm assuming it could well be the SSD itself , currently I've got it unplugged and back on my standard HD, which seems fine. Anyone know of any issues at all with this model or experienced something similar? Any thoughts appreciated :D

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I'm going to guess you're using your motherboards in-built SATA ports or possibly a highpoint card?

Edit: Well, rather than being cryptic - I have also had this problem with my Vertex 3. It's an annoying Sand-force thing, that is quite well documented. Moving to an Intel port, from a Marvell or Marvell based raid card appears to alleviate the issue somewhat in my experience...

Last edited: 17 May 2012
  3. Ollie1807

Indeed, i'm using the mobo ports - i've been thinking about getting a sata 3 card for a while actually, maybe if this happens again I will finally just do it. Interesting how you had the same thing, did you get the boot manager missing message.

What normally happens when this problem occurs is -

I will be either playing a game, watching a film or doing music stuff, PC freezes up so I have to hard reset, and find that my OS is gone. Don't remember it ever happening when the PC has been idle. I'll reinstall on the SSD tonight and see how it goes :p

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I had a Vertex 2 die on me a few months back - on the back of mine (where the sata cables connect) there was a green led when it was on and a red led meant that there was an error - anything similar on yours?

5. Ollie1807

Sorry to hear that dude, I will check for this when I get home - do you mean once it's red, it stays red I.E it has died? Or did it change between red and green?

6. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

There were two separate leds on mine - it's quite a well known problem. I bought it from scan and posted here about the RMA - ChrisP obviously had heard of it

Not all bad - I ended up with a Crucial M4 from scan as the RMA replacement :D

7. Ollie1807

Fair play, I bought mine from ebuyer, just starting the RMA process now wish me luck. I've heard mixed things about their return policy in the past...