1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Project: Pin-up- NEW PARTS

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dbradford32, 15 May 2012.

1. dbradford32

dbradford32 What's a Dremel?

This is my newest project, since Earth and beyond was destroyed in a fatal accident. I talked to Bill Owen about needing a case, and he had something sitting around at the shop. I paid the man, and out came the case. I sat here day in and day out for the last week, hoping for it to arrive sooner, and just as the time hit 1:00pm today, a big brown truck rolls up and slams on the brakes!

Here is what followed:

The box:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Opening:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The case:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Opening up to see contents, I didn't notice the ziplock at the bottom in the picture...:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

200mm Fan:
    [​IMG]

"What's this?!":
    [​IMG]

"HOLY HELL!!!":[​IMG]

The Enermax TB Silence 120mm Fans:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I took all of the pictures with my 5.0mp camera, on my HTC wildfire S. I will get better pictures with my 12mp Fujifilm finepix z20, at a later date!

Now, I have the case, my wife also put a purchase in for a 120mm radiator for the water cooling system I plan on installing as soon as I get all of the hard wares. As the name suggests, I plan on going for an auto themed with this case. Orange outside, black and chrome inside.

I have some interesting ideas. Sketches will follow as soon as I get the old light table out! :D That's right fans, we are going to kick it up old school, with some hand drawn renders! None of that silly sketchup/auto cad crap! :D Stay tuned, and thanks for looking!

Last edited: 24 May 2012
  2. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

hurry up with some ideas as i have the same case and have been thinking of modding it

3. dbradford32

I already really want to cut a window. I am deciding if I want to do it in the shape of a pumpkin, or a more conventional shape. :) Other than that, I want to keep it clean and tidy. I am going to keep the cutting to a minimum, since this is already a pretty nice case! lol

4. dbradford32

So, I went to Walmart last night and picked up some green burlap fabric. I plan to use this, to make wire sleeves, which will add to part of the Halloween feel. I am deciding on other elements that will be incorporated into this system. The Burlap cost me a whole $4.46! Broke the bank on that one, but got a yard and a half of it. I think it will look pretty cool, especially with the stitching I plan on using! :D It will be stitched together, using, "X" marks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thought, suggestions and ideas are all welcome! I am open to opinions, without you fearing of me freaking out, and going irate! lol :) Being an artist outside of modding has taught me this! :D

This has changed. I am going to use paracord. Black , imperial red, and goldenrod. German flag colors.

Last edited: 25 May 2012
  5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Looks kinda clean for burlap. I would have went with natural leather for that nice 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' look.:lol:

Are you sure a smaller rig will be kid-proof?

6. dbradford32

It will be, where I will put it. :) I am going to put it up a little nigher than most computers tend to sit. :)

7. dbradford32

To cover wires? That could have been expensive, and very hard to work with. lol Not only is this one of the elements I have decided to use because it reminds me of scarecrows, but also because oogy boogy from The Nightmare Before Christmas was made from burlap. Also, one of my favorite movies, 9, uses burlap for the little robot like characters. :D They all remind me of Halloween.

Last edited: 16 May 2012
  8. dbradford32

Just made a purchase with MNPCTECH, for a set of ATX and MOLEX removal tools. I cannot wait for them to get here! I have wanted some of these things for a long, long time! I am still waiting on my radiator to get into the states. And I am deciding on a set of cheap waterblocks for the CPU and bridge, but not sure what to buy! I am going to be coupling it to an AM3 CPU. Again, not sure on what board, either... I am trying to keep this build kind of cheap! I plan on making a plate to go over the motherboard, assuming I cannot find a black and orange themed motherboard. :)

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Project Logs rule #2.

10. dbradford32

Sorry Nexxo. :)

11. dbradford32

Got the radiator.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now my only gripe with this radiator, is the fact that the barbs are not removable... Looking at the barbs, I don't think I can just drill them out, and thread for the correct ones... Any ideas? Otherwise this is a pretty nice radiator! I think I paid like $23.50 shipped. Not too bad... :D

12. dbradford32

So, newegg got me my parts.
    [​IMG]

Biostar A880G+:
    [​IMG]

Diablotek 400 Watt PSU:
    [​IMG]

Team Elite 2-2gb dual channel 1066 Ram:
    [​IMG]

AMD Athlon II x2 250 AM3 Processor:
    [​IMG]

Now, not pictured, is my Seagate 160GB SATA drive. I only went with it, because I got a good deal on it, and I plan to add more hard drives later. When this upgrade happens, this will continue to be my primary drive, and probably just hold the operating system, and pictures, and possibly home movies of the boys. :)

Now, this might not be the best system in the world, but for my HTPC, it will suffice! Now, all I have to do, is get my water blocks, hoses, and fittings. :)