1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Recommend me a gaming laptop!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChromeX, 22 May 2012.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hi guys, as the title states i'm current looking for a gaming laptop. I'm an officer in the merchant navy and I set off for my first sea tour in august for 4 months, so basically this laptop is more or less my only personal entertainment, so not only is it my tv/dvd player/sound system/work machine it also has to be my gaming system too! I've had a look around and I've got some idea about what I want, but desktops have always been my thing, little out my depth when it comes to laptops.

I only have one or two considerations, about what I would ideally; everything else I'm willing to compromise. So:

Ideally 17" screen for watching movies but 15.3 will do
    UNDER £1500, that is the ABSOLUTE maximum I want to pay
    HAS to be from a website with finance options.

Here's what I'm thinking of so far:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/173-...da-gtx570m-gpu-dvdrw-win-7-hp#ProductFeatures

Recommendations? Ideas?

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Google shows nothing in the UK, so link to this?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

G75VW - GTX 670M, Ivy quad core CPU, twin HDD (RAID options available), Full HD display or 3D options, 16GB of mem, 4x USB 3, display port, HDMI, brushed alu keyboard.

I'll find out where to buy if you want.

docodine likes this.
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Whoever left me this message:

Best choice? I'm never saying "OTHERS ARE **** BUY THIS NOW". If the OP likes the spec, he can decide by reading reviews and user feedback. If he decides they are negative in areas that are significant to him he can disregard the suggestion. The reply is relevant to the thread, as are other suggestions from others.

5. KeTZz

KeTZz Minimodder

I was just about to post the link to the laptop you was already looking at :thumb:

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Whether or not you get an Asus, Bindi is right, the 6xx series mobile parts from Nvidia are looking astoundingly good, since you are not leaving til August, can you wait til July when there are more on the market.

7. minimad127

minimad127 CPC Refugee