1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Tech GeForceFX Watercooler

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 8 Apr 2003.

1. toe_cutter

toe_cutter Banned

Just registered to say this:

But.. where is Gainwards press release??

The latest on their page is from 2003/03/03..

2. OBCENEIKON

OBCENEIKON What's a Dremel?

Hey BladeRunner, you were talking of a R9700 WC VGA cooler...do you have any images of it?

3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Always Silent & Cool

OBCENEIKON

There's a build project for the 9700, (click the image link)

[​IMG]

and later vmod / overclocking and other findings here, Here

4. Ditchy

Ditchy What's a Dremel?

Koolance

Hi there,
    The moment I saw the 'dustbuster' on piccys of the FX I wondered about water cooling it, I must say the LiquidFlow looks amazing. I would like to know though, will it be possible to add the LiquidFlow to an existing water cooled system, such as a koolance system, or will you need a custom water cooling rig to use the LiquidFlow? Again, looks amazing, great job!

Paul.

5. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Way to go guys! :clap:

Absolutely jawdropping as usual Bladerunner. :brrr:

If you get the means to do any other mainsteam projects, I'm sure we could probably bang a petition together to get you to do memory blocks separately for GF3s and 4s. :D

I'd stock 'em. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your break-in though, that sucks.
    I had a 2 grand mtb nicked just before I started my business.
    Was going to sell it to help fund things too.

6. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Amazing, just amazing :clap: :clap:

I don't know what to say, I am blown away by this work.

Well done.

7. mcgiver45

mcgiver45 What's a Dremel?

:clap: :rock: I like to thank you guys for the great work you done, on the video water cool system. I am very impress with it. Never seen such a good looking and efficiency cooler. Keep me posted when you guys put it on the market. I would like to get one for sure. Keep up the good work guys.

Mcgiver

8. Relin

Relin Old timer

Gaiward Press Release

A few people were requesting this, my apologies about the formatting.....

Press Release No. 04 / 2003

For Immediate Release
    Gainward to push performance to the next level

Gainward CoolFXTM Liquid Cooling Solution

Taipei – Beijing - Hong Kong - Fremont - Munich – London – Malmö – Moscow, April 2nd, 2003.

Gainward Co., Ltd, the leading manufacturer of high performance 3D graphics and home entertainment accelerators, announces that it will offer a liquid cooling solution for its next generation Gainward FX PowerPack! 3D graphics processor products based on NVIDIA’s GeForce FX technology.

The Gainward CoolFXTM will include highly heat conductive pure metal alloy cooling blocks for the GPU as well as for the high performance memory modules.

“Just stirring non conductive hot air around inside the computer with a variety of different fans is not a very efficient cooling solution”, commented Hans-Wolfram Tismer, Gainward’s Managing Director Europe. “We strongly believe that Gainward’s advanced implementation of liquid cooling will pave the way to the next level of 3D graphics performance.”

The Gainward CoolFXTM will keep the GPU and the high performance memory modules of a 3D graphics processor board near to ambient temperature levels in order to run stable at up to 25 % faster clock rates resulting in up to 25 % better 3D performance.

At CeBIT2003 Gainward demonstrated a Gainward FX PowerPack! Model Ultra/1000 Plus “Golden Sample” running stable in excess of 580 MHz core clock speed.

So far Gainward’s EXPERTool™ performance tuning utility offered “enhanced clock settings” guaranteed by Gainward to run “Golden Sample” products significantly faster compared to competitive products merely based on reference design. By utilizing liquid cooling Gainward will once again push performance to levels beyond your imagination.

The Gainward Cool™ FX will be available in May 2003 for less then € 200 including VAT to run on Gainward’s next generation Gainward FX PowerPack! products.
    (LEGAL)

All trade names referenced are the service mark, trademark, or registered trademarks of their respective manufacturers. Gainward reserves the right to change specifications without notice.
    :D :D

9. Camelot One

Camelot One What's a Dremel?

Any word on OEM sales?

As this cooler was designed for Gainward, I am wondering if it will be available as a stand alone product. Any word on that?

Great job by the way. I have always liked your coolers, the whole concept of cooling just the GPU, while leaving the ram with nothing always seemed stupid to me.

10. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

What is going on here?

Is hope 'revision 2' is just a test system 'cause it looks carp compared to bladerunners first design.

11. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

All the nice bits have been removed, they can't get fid of the cool FX retention bit :grr:

12. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Basically, what UK Gamer are showing is the second revision of the design. Lemme explain...

Watercooling blocks that have 2 memory blocks (ie cover 4 memory chips each) are a nightmare to productionise. This is because there are minute variations in the height of the memory chips form board to board, and so the one-piece design can make it a real pain to get proper fitting. Not only that, but they will only fit the FX 5800 Ultra.

What we have been looking at is using a number of 2 chip memory blocks because they are more flexible in terms of layout. It means you can use the waterblocks on lots of different cards :) The blocks all looop the water through to each other which means you don't need a splitter block which makes it easier to set up. The fittings that are on rev2 are waaaay too bulky so we are definitely getting smaller ones, and we may well see the FX retention clip make a comeback ;)

13. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

When you say "and we WILL see the FX retention clip make a comeback", i'll be happy :D

14. dima y

dima y What's a Dremel?

reviving the thread

so like its almost may... can we see some more stuff? :)

i want to see how close your final design is to what i came up with :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

ceriously though i though of many different ways to make this BUT what i came up with was:

To make it effective to manufacture there have to be 4 ram blocks they need to be exactly the same.

The above implies that the barb connections must come up from the top and not out the the side. Because of all the capacitors on the front side.

I have looked at all the possible 90 degree angle quick connects you can possibly find and from what i see is that you can reduce the height by not using the swivel quick connects. However you are still pressed for space. It will most likely take up an extra AGP slot.

here are the quick connects i am using:

http://www.johnguest.com/part_spec.asp?s=PI48_D1

1/4 OD tubing and 1/8 NPTF threads on the other end

however i have some ideas about using something like swiftech uses (took me a while to find those but here they are):

http://www.johnguest.com/part_spec.asp?s=MI28_C1

you can press fit them into the metal

what ever those are just my thoughts. Too bad for be you got a better/faster hookup with gainward, now the offices in US (not too far away from me) dont want to do it here. oh well i hope you guys turn up something good

15. linear

linear Minimodder

Welcome to the boards dima, nice to see you here.

For those of you who haven't seen dima's work on either [H] or Pheatonforums, check out his page: http://brn.stanford.edu/dima/ :thumb: :dremel:

16. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Always Silent & Cool

Rev 2 was not my design, but I did make it and the 90's used were basically dictated by what was in stock at the time at my supplier due to the time schedule I was working to. Festo do shorter types, I have some now, but there are other undesirable factors with rev2 I had pointed out before making it.

I have also considered the cartridge type fittings in the past, as Festo make them also, trouble is the cartridge drilling tool is like £300 and I'm not sure if it would like copper much, so I don't intend to bother with one.

In the end there are only so many was to skin a cat, so the design will have to be something similar to what we have come up with, fitting in with production restraints.

17. dima y

dima y What's a Dremel?

18. Mindstorm

Mindstorm What's a Dremel?

I've read the explanation some posts up on this page, but I astill can't understand how they could ruin a great design...

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030430/index.html

This is horrible.... really... and the 1 slot cooling solution is gone... It ocupies 2 slots and can even hit the cpu heatsink...

:|||| I wan't the Bit-Tech desing back buahhhh

Plus who the hell designed that front pannel? I mean that thing is awful.... Silver reflective ERR ? :| with those horrible switches... grrr

19. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Hehe, don't worry, we're working on it :D The negative reaction to the latest design revision (which was at Gainward's request) has been enough to make them rethink what they're doing...TBH they were fools to put it on Toms Hardware in that revision!

20. dima y

dima y What's a Dremel?

PICTURES! please i am dying

so i take it the waterblocks for the 5800/5600/5200 have been scrapped an the new blocks are for the 5900 line up?

come on i want to see pictures

Tags: Add Tags