1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Perfect Skyrim - A Guide To Mods

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 May 2012.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Added most of the ones recommended xD

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

What, no Cherry Hotalings Super Busty H Cup jiggly breast and butt physics mod? :lol: :naughty:

3. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

Must agree on the 2K textures bit. I also use alternatives whiterun (makes whiterun look sexy as hell), no perk prerequisites (still need the proper level though) and more organic cities. Dragon lords is another mod i tried, not too bad either...

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I would have loved this article had all the mods (and more) not already been covered on this channel. With video and everything!

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I think the only issue with Skyrim is how wierdly demanding it seems to be. I understand the textures are a higher resolution than Fallout 3 or similar, but how on earth can I drop a GPU and suddenly get Half FPS, which goes back to 60 odd the second I drop water quality? I thought that was CPU bottlenecked, not GPU.

6. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Shallow as I am, I bought Skyrim on pre-order then refused to play it when I saw how poor (in my opinion) the launch graphics were.

These mods (including the official re-texture ones) have transformed the game.

Aesthetics aside, when you start to actually play the game you see how little nips and tucks here and there can enhance the gameplay rather than being an out-an-out cheat.

So there really is something for everyone here.

I use Steam Workshop to install my mods.

Also I can get Skyrim UI to work without the script extender. It says it won't work, but does nonetheless.

7. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Nice to see you guys use a lot of the same ones i do. the realistic map + roads is great. The sounds of skyrim sets are just not to my liking. I personally find them too loud to be considered background noise IMO.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Less baron? What a mod!

Last edited: 25 May 2012
  9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Any Nexus fan had half of these already, but that does not detract from the awesomeness of the article. There are many, many good mods out there, and the more peeps who know.. the better.

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Thanks to this article, I will be reinstalling Skyrim fresh and starting from scratch the way its should look...

Awesome piece thank you

11. Rustypouch

Rustypouch What's a Dremel?

Great list of mods. I do enjoy trying out some new mods to enhance my Skyrim exprience.

I use Skyrim Nexus for all my mods, so I don't know if this is availabe on Steam Workshop, but another one I like is Enhanced Night Sky, more of an asthetic mod. Also, this mod is quite funny too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4rBkV-vRpY

12. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Really keen to try the frostfall mod....that sounds awesome.

13. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Really love this, but the dark dungeons mod has broken it for me and its so dark everywhere... bit of a pain in the neck. Will uninstall it and see if its a bit better laters.

14. Tongue-of-Fire

Tongue-of-Fire What's a Dremel?

I prefer to use Ultimate Follower Overhaul for the followers on Horses and Follower commands. I don't use the Steam workshop though because I've always used the nexus or similar for all the elder scrolls modding so maybe UFO isn't on the steam workshop.

There are plenty of good mods in the article but some of the good ones I was using are (all available on http://skyrim.nexusmods.com )

*Better Sorting [Everything renamed so, well, it sorts better]
    *Cloaks of Skyrim [Compatible with Frostfall]
    *Combine Potions with Alchemy Level and Experimenter Perk
    *Complete Crafting Overhaul / Smithing Perks Overhaul / Weapons and Armor Fixes
    *Deadly Dragons [Makes dragons actually a challenge and not just "Oh look, another dragon :rolleyes:"]
    *Dovahkriid - The Dragon Lords [Essentially a boss addon for Deadly Dragons]
    *Dragon Bone Weapon Pack [Should have been in the game to start with]
    *Skyrim HD [Prefer it to Bethesda's HD attempt]
    *Skyrim Monster Mod
    *Static Mesh Improvement Mod [Absolutely essential, Beth's meshes are pretty poor to be honest]
    *Total Realism
    *Wars in Skyrim
    *Warzones - Civil Unrest

And, by far my favourite mod of the lot - Thuumic

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5626

Allowing you to shout down your microphone in the dragon tongue and have it actually come out in game. Brilliant for winding up flatmates :hehe:.

I haven't played properly since January though so for all I know these are outdated. And yeah, Ive spent more time installing mods and messing about than actually playing the game :p. It's addictive.

15. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Awesome article! I really must buy Skyrim just to try all this out. I just + repped you about 6 llittle green bars for a damn fine article :rock:

16. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

17. MaverickSB

MaverickSB What's a Dremel?

Brilliant Article Craig, can't wait to put these mods on the game and get back into Skyrim.

I still have one major issue with the game that so far no performance and texture mod has fixed and that is the sky, especially at night has cascading purple lines down it, like it is constantly trying to refresh, and the mountains in the distance often flicker. It is incredibly annoying and immersion breaking!

I am running a GTX 570 so there shouldn't be such problems. If Anyone knows of a fix to this problem i will personally love you forever as its a problem that's been driving me mad since the game released!

18. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

I ordered Skyrim the momemt I had read this article.
    I have been holding back because I promised myself not to buy another Bethesda game until there was plenty of mods available, since Fallout was pretty unplayable unless you had at least some UI and inventory mods installed.
    Now having played it for a day or so, I am already drawn to all the mods on nexus, which is not to find on Steamworkshop.

19. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'd been holding out for a price drop, but because most games are shackled to Steam/Origin/GFWL the second-hand market has been crippled - so prices are remaining higher than they would otherwise be.

I was determined to stick to my guns, but after this article I crumbled...

20. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

BTW, as much as I respect the Steam Workshop initiative, a hadnful of the greatest mods are not available on it. One mammoth (you *must* have a power rig) is Warzones - Civil Unrest, only available at Nexus. It is lore friendly and is quite amazing, IF your computer can handle it.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9494

Tags: Add Tags