1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod Gods - Even More Of The Best PC Mods

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 29 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

All are just staggering priceless and timeless mods. Put in some recent hardware and you can happily use them for years to come. That brings me to to the question; what happened to the past years winning mods? Are they still used, are they laying on the attic, basement, scrapyard or have they traveled around the world to new owners.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

All of the above! I believe G-gnome commented in the last article that his projects are still around at home. People like Sleepstreamer and Boddaker often make projects for companies such as Asus and Thermaltake so these will be shipped to new places and sadly I know one or two projects that have been damaged too. Some may have been stripped for parts or hardware as well.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I have to say, I'm not a massive fan of using wood in mods. To me, it just looks somehow wrong. Maybe its the fact that I associate computers with more industrial or futuristic designs. That said, I think everyone can appreciate the craftmanship and work that went into all of these.

5. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Personally I keep them as-is for a couple of months until the initial interest has faded, then I remove the parts I might need for future builds and put the rest in the shed. Well, apart from Cold Fusion, that one is still completely intact and probably still working perfectly if you manage to find a forklift powerful enough to move it to a power socket.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Project Anemone...
    you'll have to google it. it's in the pre-2006 bit-tech forum (and had an article on the old bit-tech site)

7. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

Wouldnt wanna carry the mod on page 1 through london underground.. :D

8. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

To this day, my girlfriend still asks me when I'm going to build her a case like Cygnus X1, I keep reminding her I simply do not have that kind of talent..... yet...

9. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Great mods but something is wrong or is it really Slippery Skips mod on both 4 and 5???

10. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Yes. They included four of my projects. It's embarrassing.

I came to Bit-tech in 2003 along with a lot of other "classmates" that year including Magnus and Bill. A lot of great work was being done here (and still is). I wanted to be a part of it. Other forums forced me to deal with tyrannical moderators and site owners who seemed to think they were somehow doing me a favor. Being able to say things like shite now and then (in moderation) was refreshing. :hehe: I think that Bit-tech is proof that a tolerant, open-minded environment can bring out the creativity in people.

Thanks Bit-tech for showcasing my work here. It's truly an honor.

11. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Many of my first builds are still in use around the house (Sideview, Mystique, TRON, Monster Truck), at my mom's (Home Sweet Home), and my dad's (UAL 737). Others are waiting patiently for rebuilds while a few actually made it to other homes. I try to keep my mods intact for as long as possible! :)

And congrats Atilla and Jeffrey for the feature, they are all true works of art.

12. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

It's so nice to see Bit-Tech bringing back modding in a big way. The standard of work on this site is so phenomenal you'd be wasting your time telling these people how to do it, but showcasing their work is a welcome and pleasant thing.

13. Bokonist

Bokonist What's a Dremel?

Kudos to all of these projects, I only wish I had the skills to make something like this :(

14. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Well thats nothing to be embarresed about i just thought that it was a glitch because when i first tried to check out the article it just said that the page i was looking for wasnt available and also all the other had just one page :)

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

WMD crazy precise complex creation, something that should repulse all things alive would actually lure anything with eyes towards it to see it's shiny detailed awesomeness up close, that is an amazing accomplishment in modding I think, a thing that is extremely ugly & should make people want to evacuate far away as possible actually pulls crowds in, seriously cool & like the genius of that. :D:clap:

Only 4 :D You have done a lot of awesome perfect projects Jeff so a spot was absolutely due in this series, it points to your site with all of them you have up there, love your awesome wood work combined with nice design. :clap:

I agree it's awesome to say she-ight now & then & not get a telling off as long as it's not overdone. :D

Attila was just heading for the top when I came here when he had the modest username of oldnewb :D & was & still am with each new update he compiles & uploads for all to have their jaws fall off amazed by his awesome perfect metal work with great uncomplicated looking but complicated & difficult to do awesome everything looks right design (takes a breath) & then hidden most of it's awesomeness in a jacket of even more awesome exotic sleek wood work fused with the top notch metal work so perfectly. :eeek:
    One of the many mod idols & specifically the main mod Idol when it comes to DIY handy hands on metal modding from my perspective & approach to modding, set such a high standard for handy hands on metal work modding. :dremel:

Handy hands on sounds kind of odd. :eyebrow::duh: (shrugs shoulders). :D

This series of articles rocks BTW, seen quite a few very nice projects I've not seen before & others I've seen & been wowed by, still not commented on the 2nd episode but will do ASAP.

Last edited: 30 May 2012
  16. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Inspiring and always will be. ;)

Tags: Add Tags