1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I don't understand how more rest makes my head hurt! You'd think it'd be the opposite!

Ah wonderful. Now it looks like I'm ready to have a repeat of my previous issues with this motherboard. Namely; An AM3+ Motherboard, that AMD have been whoring out as the flagship board, will not work with my friggin' processor because the bios might not be updated out of the box. Which means I'll have to fart out another £30 to have scan take it back, spend 30 seconds flashing new bios back onto it, then send it back to me.

**** my life.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2012
  2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Doesn't matter if it makes me sound like one or not, it's true - hardly a day goes by when I don't have to take painkillers :rolleyes:

3. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

In a few days i have to put up IDS, even though i told him i didn't want him coming out here.

he'd better respect my boundaries and my privacy.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

What exactly is the deal with you two, are you boyfriend and girlfriend, just friends, divorced, separated? Why have recently joined members taken to discussing their (seemingly) failing or failed relationships in this thread?!

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I feel I've missed out on a large part of this forum.

What he said.

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I for one won't be discussing my private life in any meaningful way on here. It's bad enough that my partner registered on the site specifically to troll me...

:rolleyes:

7. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

hahaha :thumb: :D :hehe: :waah:

my little finger has gone numb from playing diablo 3 :worried:

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

All 990FX boards are supposed to be out of the box ready for BD. I bought one close to the beginning of the year for a client and it was already ready for it no problem. The Crosshair V was the preferred launch board for BD. AFAIK all its BIOSes are BD capable.

9. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I'm so confused. Is this actually Iain Duncan Smith, and if not, why not? :confused:

[​IMG]

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

The HTPC build im doing is just going wrong every step of the way it seems.

First I didn't get the power adapter for the PicoPsu I ordered. I contacted the seller and he had shipped it out. Not totally life ruining but frustrating.

Second, the blu-ray drive I got has a defective eject button and the paperclip method does not work either as something is messed up inside. Ejecting through Windows does work. Doesn't help much if for some strange reason something were to get jammed inside though. Seller wont accept returns either but was willing to give me $10 back (I paid $40).
    So now I had to buy another one (different seller this time) and couldn't find one as cheap ($60).

And now my motherboard I got seems to not be functioning correctly either. It is insanely fast to boot up paired with the Mushkin Chronos SSD I got, but to power it down or reboot is very slow. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=231979
    I've tried everything but swapping PSU's which I will do next.

And finally I was working on building the case and of course I have to screw stuff up and make mistakes. I wish I had more patience and better wood working tools.

:wallbash:

today just was not my day

11. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I had my wisdom teeth removed and i have a horrible dry socket. Holy **** it hurts!

12. casann

casann What's a Dremel?

Sorry thought you aimed something at me .

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
  13. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Hey stop giving her ideas lol It is mostly my fault for missing social queues such as needing to hug her when she's upset though. This obviously just makes her more upset. However, we do get on well most of the time :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lol

We're engaged :D But yeah, we do talk after we've both calmed down. As said above and below, we do get on well most of the time. Just occasionally I balls things up so bad we end up in a massive argument.

This man speaketh the truth:thumb:

Not sure if this was also aimed at me? But I'll answer it anyway. Me and casann haven't really discussed anything in this thread apart from one post where we shouted at each other. Apart from that she's only made one other post about something "ruining her life" (me :p). I think you'll find others have also posted about their relationships. Are new members not allowed to post about their relationships in this thread? I'm not trying to be rude, but your question does sound a bit like "You're new, you can only post certain things."

For the record, we do get on well most of the time, I'm just a fairly useless partner in terms of knowing when she's upset etc.

Last edited: 5 Jun 2012
  14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

brb, going to create a fake girlfriend and sign her up on bit. :waah:

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

At least Casann gets slightly involved in the forum. My partner Ali has posted twice, here and here, and one of her trolls even necro'd an old thread.

:sigh:

16. noizdaemon666

I forced her to join, so she could learn about computers. It saves me having to try and figure out what's blown up and why over the phone :hehe:

Epic posts from your partner though :lol:

Shirty likes this.
  17. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I hope to never let a partner even acknowledge this site.

She might start asking about Big Mike.

Anyway, Noiz, do you want that game?

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

18. casann

casann What's a Dremel?

Big Mike?? lol

19. noizdaemon666

Shhhhhh you fool, don't mention Big Mike.
    And sorry bud, meant to reply to the PM. Not my sort of game so you'd be better off giving it to someone who'd get more out of it :)

Edit: You've gone and done it now, I'd de rep if I could :hehe:

Nothing to see here :worried: I'll PM you rather than further littering up this thread lol

20. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

On a more serious note, although this may be the general section of a tech forum, I've never seen her contribute to any other part of the forum Noiz. I do apologise if I cause any offence, but would I be right in saying so?