1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I remember the absolute pounding I took when I got into BF2 about a month after everyone else..

2. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

I got BF3 a month after everyone else.
    Thought I was a noob.

Still do.

I wake up screaming.

I don't think I'll ever recover...

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

My bad, I've had a bug for a couple of days and am only now just beginning to be able to focus. :rolleyes:

Edit: I've only seen the one case (so who knows how reliable) but on reddit there's hints at ea refunding Indian proxy purchase and deactivating premium clicky

Like I say, no idea how reliable that is but just thought I'd pop it into the mix.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2012
  4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I....uh....wut? :eyebrow:

5. wiLLSY

wiLLSY Are you a wizard?

Had some great games last night with draca, eek0r, Telltale_boy and EltonL playing some rush, uploaded a few videos of us playing. EltonL did get slightly annoyed with his team in one of the videos but it was no where near as bad as it got later on, if only I had recorded it :p

P.S sorry for the delay in getting the videos up but my upload rate is absolutely terrible and I didn't have time to start it last night. I think 1080p might be a bit too much as well :D

(My mumble crashed half way through this game :waah:)

(A little base rapey, but still fun)

Elton likes this.
  6. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

I don't even...

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

What i did was pick up a preorder of the new Sim City that way. +rep

8. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

Played my first game with the crowd on the bit tech server. Have learned several things.

First and foremost that sticks in my mind is that Draco should never be on the opposite team to me... Especially on a jet map. O_O

9. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I dunno, he crashed into the ground twice whilst trying to kill me this evening :D

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

And you should always watch my back.... theres countless people after my tags

11. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

This was a tactical move I assure you :lol:

Bede likes this.
  12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Oi willsy, yeah I nearly lost it that day. Some pretty miserably bad rounds. It was just apalling how me, Rhydian and Invictus were really the only ones to move forward. Mind you I apologize to those who had to witness some of that ulcer-inducing pent up anger ( :D ) but it was pretty dire.

And then of course, that weird game where you guys lost. That baffled me. Still, fun games. Just don't think I could ever stomach playing with only randomers ever again. That's not to say all randomers are bad. Just that the ones I run into tend to be miserably incompetent.

13. nchhabs

Sweet gameplay bud - what recording set up did you use? DXtory/Xsplit/Fraps or something else?

14. wiLLSY

wiLLSY Are you a wizard?

Thanks draca :) I used DXtory - MrDomRocks recommended it to me and also pointed me in the direction of your guide, I may have to try a bit of live streaming in the future.

EDIT: Do you think I should stick with 1080p?

Last edited: 9 Jun 2012
  15. nchhabs

Recording at 1080p is very possible depending on your HDD situation - as long as your disks can write at 100 mb/sec (for significant headroom) and BF3 is not located on the same drive you should be fine assuming a minimum of i5 2500k CPU and 560ti GPU (you may need to lower quite a few eye candy settings though). On the other hand, streaming at 1080p is another kettle of fish entirely, you'd likely need dual Xeons to pull it off without perceived lag in BF3 (although 1080p streaming is very possible for less demanding games like Dota 2).

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am planning on making some changes to the server as soon as I can finalize them. Going to discuss them with the regulars on mumble later today and then post it in this thread.

Anyone who wants to have an input can post either here or on the Server Thread.

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to post them here/pm me or post in the server thread.

17. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Seems reasonable to me.

Although some of the 'smaller' maps are still great with 64 people - Grand Bazarre and Siene Crossing are always worth being in rotation.

There's a lot of love from Bit regular for jet based maps, but it can get a bit boring for those of us that don't love being constantly bombarded by good pilots. Or when all the best players are flying about and your team loses because there's no real help on the ground.

EDIT: aaddyaddyaddyaddyaddyaddyaddyaddyaddyaddyddy rocks!

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

:) Will keep that in mind I do like Sienne 64.

Oh and I will not allow baserape! Decided that if I am going to do this correctly it needs to be be fair. Op Metro can be hell and quite boring in that situation. And so can Sienne Crossing too.

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The best solution for not allowing baserape on Metro is simply not allowing to one team have all 3 bases (=automatically nuking the whole team when they have all 3 bases). Or autokill anyone who shoots someone who is still standing in their spawn area.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I will keep that in mind, but it isn't fair on those that actually don't get involved in the base rape. Will cross that bridge when it comes to it.