1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Planetside 2 - Massive Combat on an Epic Scale

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RedManc, 17 Feb 2012.

1. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

My flat mate lives on WoW because of his other half. He'd never previously even played an RPG let alone an MMO. I tried telling him that he should try others such as EVE and even mentioned Planet Side.

"Sounds geeky"

lol.

2. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

This game looks amazing. I really hate SoE so it pains me to admit it, but it looks like they might be on to a winner with this game.

3. TrickOn

TrickOn What's a Dremel?

After the hours I spent in PS, I'm really looking forward to this.
    This month's PCGamer UK includes a code for priority BETA access :)

adzc1987 likes this.
  4. Fraze

Fraze Minimodder

although i'm classed as a PS 'veteran' i'll be getting a PCGamer as well since unfortunately I don't trust SOE to give the early access to every PS subscriber.

5. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Oh might get a copy!

6. sWW

sWW Minimodder

When does the mag get released?

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

US issue but that's for April so I doubt it's available.

UK issue, but this one dates back all the way to December. Furthermore, the website doesn't have anything about any issue past the March one so I have no clue as to whether they have re-covered PS2 for PCG UK again.

I've already applied for a key but i'm not counting on SOE to send one to me speedily so i was wondering if anyone would like to trade a PS2 beta key for a CSGO key?

8. Fraze

Fraze Minimodder

friend of mine bought 2 copies of the mag yesterday & i now have a key - tis in the shops now.

9. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

I'm disappointed at my friends' lack of interest in this game. Not that they represent any kind of demographic or anything... but I saw the videos and was blown away, and they didn't seem to care. I just find it hard to understand how anyone could watch some of the huge scale sci fi battles with a huge world, amazing graphics, and gameplay that looks like a cross between Unreal Tournament's Onslought, and Tribes. Basically it looks epic to me, I hope the gaming public get behind it.

10. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I got the mag, it states in an article on page 39 the release is in Winter, bit disappointed as i thought it looks mostly done, but still possibly 6+months for it.

Maybe the beta will be like tribes and be beta right upto release day :)

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Got my early access beta key. Now what faction are people going to play? I don't know myself, but the Vanu have BT written all over them don't they.

12. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

BT?

Im torn between Terran and Conglomerate. Vanu look too sci fi for me lol! PLus i prefer bullets over plasma/lazor any day :p

Terran apparently have a faster rate of fire on the weapons and are the established military force, but i like the look of one of the new conglomerte opne of the aircraft looks the business with all the rockets on it lol

13. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

PS1 was well ahead of it's time. Had some amazing times on it.
    Can't wait for PS2 Please pull it off SOE!

14. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Dammit. I really want to give this a go.

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

bit-tech - what else! Purples and about technology, just needs some over-kill water cooling. I'm liking the look of the Conglomerate MAX suits. the Terran Republic appear somewhat feminine with the round armour, but I like the colours grey/red - reminiscent of the Brother of Nod. With the Vanu, I like the stick up the arse attitude. So I don't have a favourite at this stage, I hope we'll get to throughly try them all at during beta.

16. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Vanu Sovereignty. Bunch of pussies. I was TR in the original. The sheer amount of bullets that fill the air around a battle from the TR is just incredible. They were the ultimate in defence. I did have a few NC alts, but TR all the way for me. Their technology is near-future tech, which suits me more.

17. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Oh - forgot to say, yesterday I checked for new Nvidia drivers and found that the 301.48 betas have a new SLI profile for PS2, so...

18. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

:thumb:
    Lol OFC!

19. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

Ive just signed up for the beta as this looks pretty good :D

20. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Anyone seen some of the vids by the cynical brit on youtube? Seem to be the best vids i can find, a lot of people copying some stream at E3 which is terrible quality.

I like how he explains stuff as he goes, im a noob to planetside (i spent an hour on it years ago when i managed to acquire some sort of trial) but the whole idea is awesome. I play EVE online which is already a single shard MMO.

Hoping some of my eve mates will get in on it too, would be awesome for 4 or 5 of us to attempt stealth missions into bases lol