1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Kogan introduces Internet Explorer 7 'tax'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 14 Jun 2012.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Yep i have done jobs for a couple of places where they still use IE6 in the intranets. Companies have so many legacy applications that wont work on other browsers, they don't want to upgrade so they just sit on IE6. Its now getting ridiculous though. Generally its intranet's that are using these old browsers tho. I cant see many people on the internet using IE7 or below, most large companies limit internet access anyway. And if you are still using this on your home PC then you deserve to pay the extra tax. Its mental still to using those browsers.

Bill

2. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

You dont support Chrome? :S

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
    http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2178...ft-internet-explorer-worlds-favourite-browser
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

Some stats say its the most popular browser there is now :) (because its awesome)

P.S. Though it is so awesome that it can say "hey this web designer sucks and didnt code for me, ill do it right anyway! :)".

edit: oh, and the tax is win++ :)

Last edited: 15 Jun 2012
  3. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Firefox? Chrome? Opera? Safari? I do not mind which one a user uses, as they all follow the W3C standard correctly. Write code for a standard - it will work on these browsers. IE, on the other hand, requires many different commands and styles. It is very common to see 'if(!event) var event = window.event;' at the top of an event handler in JavaScript - just because IE does not pass the event object directly to the function as the standard dictates.

4. TRG

TRG What's a Dremel?

Actually, in some areas of government, intranet applications only run in IE6-7, meaning that they are forever stuck on IE7, without a total re-write.

In other news, this tax is hilarious.

5. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

i dont get what they are trying to do?

stop people using ie?

Last edited: 16 Jun 2012
  6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Don't make me come down here and sort you out, kids...

7. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Only the old versions which are annoying to make websites for. He wants people to use a newer version like ie8 or ie9, or to use some other browser instead.

Tags: Add Tags