1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

First Diablo kill done, I found the boss mid-way through Act IV more difficult til I worked out the trick - and in fact the Act II boss as well (no names, no spoilers!).

Started a demon hunter to try something different, I'll get her into Act 3 before I try Nightmare.

2. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

I got my copy today. Finally. Preordered it at release and have been waiting since!!

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

OK, I'm a bit late to this thread but since I've been looking out for this game since they teased it.... anyone else finding it a bit crap? Just doesn't have anywhere near the appeal of either originals. I'm coming up to the end of act 2 but it's just all a bit meh....

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I can see your point sotu.

While I am definitely enjoying the game, it doesn't quite have the magic that Diablo 2 held for me the first time I played it. Partly because so far it seems like it's not really being a sequel, it's more like a remake of D2.

I think it's really down to our expectations, when I was playing Diablo 2 when it was first out, I didn't know of any game that was like it. Now it's one of many similar games, so it doesn't stand out so much.

While it's not grabbing me as much as the originals, it's definitely more refined. Price tag is a bit too much to ask IMO, but I will see, only part way through act II at the moment. Playing a witch doctor going through it all co-op with my gf playing a wizard.

5. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

RMAH is up in the states and there are items going for $100+.........get ready for the gold rush

6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

found this on the BBC News site

Great! That life time ban will really put off all those account hackers! :wallbash:

so once again Blizzard develops a knee-jerk reaction to all "possible" cheating - ie: normal people stumble across glitches - and the criminals are free to do as they please. :thumb:

:sigh:

7. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

I cleared Nightmare....got to the end of Act 1 on Hell, and I just couldn't keep playing. "Meh" would be about the exact term I would use to describe my experience. The low droprates were a bit annoying as well...

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I hit act2 inferno with my barb the other day and consequently decided to give up and roll a wiz. The jump for act 2 nightmare is utterly ridiculous. I romped through act 1 without a problem but still finding a bit of a challenge which, to my mind, is the perfect level of difficulty for a seasoned Diablo player; act 2 just makes it retarded.

Take the butcher out on inferno without ever going below 3/4 HP and yet ****ing normal sand wasps and lacuni do me in 4 hits?? Seriously, wtf?!

9. suragh

suragh Derp

Blizzard have to look at this, if not have looked at it already because it is stupid. The first part of Act 2 is where the majority of players give up due to Lacuni/Wasps/Elites being a pain in the a***.

10. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

Ok I'm loving Diablo 3 but are blizzard taking the piss with the RMAH?
    £1 charge just for selling something and minimum of £1.25. I for one won't be buying anything from there. I know there will be some people that will but I reckon for the majority of people the gold auction house will be just fine.

If it was 25p and blizzard took like 10% of sale prize I would be happy. It's not like they have to do any extra work.

11. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

RMAH doesnt bother me as i have no intention of playing PvP and i dont play public games either. I use the gold AH to sell a few items here and there but ive never bought anything.

Its all about finding the random loot not buying it !

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

dont forget paypal are also charging them - so the cost is being directly passed along as well

13. lava

lava Minimodder

Were the people putting items on the RMAH on the crack pipe when they put items up for £200!!!!!!

14. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Nope, the people buying things for that much are.

15. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

It would be if the loot tables weren't affected by the Auction House and the fact gear needed to progress past Inferno Act II drops in Act IV...

16. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

I've not really had any great drops. Yes I've had yellows but most have been pretty standard or have stats like intelligence that are of no use to me.

Saying that I've not had much trouble with the difficulty but that may be because I've bought better gear and not waited for it to drop. Chances are if I had waited I would still be on hell and not inferno.

17. el2k

el2k Modder

Am currently stuck on Diablo on Inferno on ma DH. Anyone else at this stage or done him yet?

18. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

Just beat Diablo on NM last night with my 51 Monk. Work keeps me from playing as much as I'd like but was a good feeling to down him on the first try. Now on to Hell.

19. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Comfy#2504

Give me shout in game if you need a hand

20. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Anyone know the best price for a D3 copy/key/whatever?

Really after one for under £30 :)