1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

The Ferdinand is great once fully upgraded, the jagdtiger is something different though - the longer 128mm is completely dependable, but because of the way the matchmaker treats it differently, the Ferdi is more of a "beast" when it's top dog.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2012
  2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I loved the JagdPanther, one of my favourite tanks. It was so much fun playing it that I held off buying the Ferdi for a really long time after I had researched it.

Agreed, the Ferdi cannot go brawling with other tanks, it has to sit back and use the power of it's gun. I find that if you see a premium T34, you won't last long as the Ferdi front armour isn't as effective as it appears in the stats. God help you if you show your flank to any enemy, you won't last long.

3. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

In the past everyone has been really helpful in answering my difficult questions but I've got one now that is seriously bugging me........

Ive noticed that now there are a number of players with under 5000 games played that have been able to unlock nearly EVERY Tier 10 tank. Whilst exploring these individual player stats, I cannot understand how these players have been able to do it, considering the low number of games played on the run up to the tier 10 tanks, the win ratio (which is nothing fantastic) hovering around 55 percent (per tank) and the number of tanks destroyed relative to the number of games is not all that impressive either.

Now before you jump in and say PREMIUM or FREE XP...............have a look at the players stats below.....In my opinion no amount of free XP this player could of earned would of unlocked all those tier 10's and that high end Russian Arty..........but I would like to be corrected on that!

http://worldoftanks.eu/uc/accounts/500075634-Krakonosh75/

So I will repeat the question again...............how has this player unlocked all those high teir tanks considering the low number of games played?

4. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

If you look at this guy's stats, they are pretty good. He's averaging 725xp per battle, which puts him in the top 2200 players. He's got a good ratio of wins to losses and also good number of survives, and all his other stats (kills, detections, etc.) are high, which is why he's getting that good an average.

Then what has he spent his xp on? IS7, Object 261, ISU152, T110E5, JadgTiger, Maus, E100

Note that he's got a Type 59, a KV-5 and a Lowe, so he's probably paid gold to transfer xp from those to free exp. If he's doing that, he can skip the incremental gun/engine upgrades and just go for those that lead direct to the next tank.

5. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

Hi Sp4nky.....Thank you you for your time in explaining this to me. Good point about the incremental upgrades.

Forgive me for saying this, but I feel I've wasted my time playing this game, when what I should of done was buy a Loewe on day one of account creation, run it for 350 games and not wasted time in the low tiers. In the low tiers where I have been wasting hours........generating poor XP and getting one shotted..............in the process trashing my stats. Instead of ranking 125,000th in the world I could of been 2,000th! It seems for the guys using the free XP theres been no real struggle in obtaining/grinding the better tanks and giving themselves an advantage over others! Just my humble opinion.

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Not sure how they have done it. FOr example they only drive the FT1 B1 and then into the AMX line. Not hotchkiss etc

7. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

You can use free xp too unlock the next tank in line without even purchasing the current tank.

8. mike_dowler

mike_dowler What's a Dremel?

I guess it all depends why you want to play the game. Is it to have fun, or to impress people with your stats? I have just gone back and bought a BT-2 again, purely for the fun of racing around with newbs and having a laugh.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2012
  9. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

It also depends how much money you want to throw at a game. Assuming he's converted all the xp from his premium tanks to free xp, that comes to 458192 xp*, at a conversion cost of 25 xp per gold, that would be 18327 gold. I think that's about £50 right there. Then he's got the cost of the premium tanks, which eludes me at the moment. Add in the heavy package when WoT was launched (hence the M6A2E1 tank), which iirc was around £80.

So he's probably put in at least £200 to the game. If you want to do the same to impress people, that's up to you.

*: if you add someone as a friend, which you can do to anyone if you know their WoT name, you can see their whole service record.

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

thats why ive still got my little tetrarch its such a fun little tank to play
    ironically the BT2 is about the only tank that im nervous about taking on 1 vs1 with it as its the only tank i cant out run or circle to death
    still i managed to get 9 kills in one battle with it...so i must be doing something right

11. mike_dowler

mike_dowler What's a Dremel?

First outing with the BT-2 (this time around) I got 8 kills. Granted they were mostly newbs in tier I who had stopped to shoot someone else, but it was still fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

Had a game with my Tetrarch we had a 19% chance of victory according to xvm. And I was against two other Tetrachs. I killed both and scouted 7 we won 15-5. Which was nice.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Jun 2012
  13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

It's interesting how fast it creeps up on you, I had a 6 month break from wot, returning last month and have been at it hardcore since. I have spent 32 quid in gold, about half of which is for a month of premium and the rest for converting experiance to free exp to speed up unlocks and come custom paint jobs. since i started doing that i have flown through the unlocks.

it's well worth keeping a few elite light tanks so you can keep chaining double xp and converting it. do it every day and you end up with loads.

14. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

Spent too much this month but I have the amx50 100, kv-13 and hetzer all researched but no garage space. 43,000 xp to convert as well. Roll on july unless they do some half price slots:D
    [​IMG]

15. dmarook

dmarook What's a Dremel?

7.4 coming tomorrow.....

16. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Anyone play on the PTS and find the French TD's fun? I never got the chance to download it and wanna know if they're worth the effort.

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Servers down while they upgrade so no one will have as yet

18. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

They're a bit like the Russian TDs - big guns, no armour, ok mobility. I got up to the T6 on the test server, and it has the ARL's top gun but in TD form, so it's very accurate, has decent damage, rate of fire and has excellent penetration (basically the best T6 TD gun), and it looks to be the same up the entire tree. Camo should be good too.

19. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

How does the test server work? Do you start off at the bottom or can you start with what tanks you want?

20. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Alright, may give 'em a crack ^^