1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Online Backup

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by BioSniper, 17 Jun 2012.

1. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Hi Guys and gals,

I've decided I should invest in online backup but I'm having issues selecting one.
    I'd like to store my photos and videos (about 100GB at the moment, sisters wedding video etc) as well as other essential documents.

I've tried Carbonite and CrashPlan so far and both are pretty terrible on upload speed, no matter how I tweak it never uses all the bandwidth I have available (5Mbps) and I only ever get 1Mbps. This means the initial backup set is going to take WAAAAAAY to long to be even useful.

I would use the one I get with Virgin Media however there are a couple of issues:
    I cant install it on my NAS (Server 2008 R2)
    I cant backup mapped network drives from supported OS'

Other solutions such as Drop Box are too expensive as is Amazon S3.
    So my question is; does anyone have a preferred, reasonably priced backup solution that will actually upload at a decent rate?

2. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

I use iSure from Barclays £3.30 a month but its so slow. The initial 10GB back up took for ever but since that its not too bad tbh. Interface is good and its easy to restore stuff etc.

My mate uses this http://www.livedrive.com/ and resells it. He said its very good