1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Desk Case Design

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sixcandy, 17 Jun 2012.

1. sixcandy

sixcandy What's a Dremel?

Hello and welcome to my first ever mod design been wanting to make this for the last 2 - 3 years but had been busy running a on-line business. Making this table for my self and as a prototype for future project which I hope will make a few people happy.

Only got the design workout for possible table looks so will keep updating once i learn Solid works to get the right measurement. Tell me what you think of my first phase of the design...

Picture 1
    [​IMG]

Picture 2 - The blue line in-between the base and the legs is a sheet of clear blue plastic with LED lighting.
    [​IMG]

Picture 3
    [​IMG]

Picture 4 - have removed the back of the main base to show the space between the bottom of the table for cable hiding and cooling cables.
    [​IMG]

Picture 5 - Design of this desk is mainly on the top base being the home of all that is good in a pc and the legs are a option for which one I like the best and can be interchangeable.
    [​IMG]

Picture 6
    [​IMG]

Picture 7
    [​IMG]

Picture 8
    [​IMG]

Picture 9 - Going to be using 1.2mm or 1.5mm stainless steel brushed metal frame with a blackish gray finish and a sand like texture (Prob us the 1.5mm for strength)
    [​IMG]

Picture 10 - This is the top level of the frame that sits in on top of picture 9
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Apr 2013
  2. James'Mods

James'Mods Mad Man Modder

Welcome to bit-tech! I like the #2 desk, I think it's going to be really cool with LEDs around the legs.

3. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Ooooh this looks very promising!
    Love the idea with the blue plexi and leds, that might turn out to be a real eye catcher!
    I'm sub'd and goodluck man! :)

4. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

when will you start building it :D?

5. sixcandy

Once finished with the design in solid works and picked the materials should start in about 2 weeks. will be posting a hardware layout soon...

6. sixcandy

Once finished with the design in solid works and picked the materials should start in about 2 weeks. will be posting a hardware layout soon...

7. sixcandy

8. sixcandy

9. sixcandy

Finally updating this case design after nearly a year as have been VERY busy with work :wallbash: but need to get on with this project. Have made some improvements to the design and nearly finished the solidworks model in 3D which has taken nearly a month to do alone. here is the improved sketchup of the desk...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

starting tomorrow will be building a hardboard scale model of the desk as need to get the sizes right for the desk before spending about £1000 on martials...

10. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

DESK BUILDS <3