1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Big Steam Amnesty

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 25 Jun 2012.

1. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

^See above. Also League of Legends is too addictive.

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Lol. We should set up the steam backlog club. Bit like a book club :). You would collectivley play the same game for 2 weeks. With the aim of trying to work through the games catalogue.

Each fortnight a poll could run that decides the next fortnights game.

Ahh bit sad really but humour me its monday. Roll on thursday!!

3. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

Actually a pretty good idea!

4. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

I've given up looking at Steam Sales and Bargain as I have around 20 games that I never played still in my list.

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Only ?

6. DarkFear

DarkFear What's a Dremel?

7. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF MY LIST?!?!?!!

Even if I had the rest of the year off with full pay, I still wouldn't be able to clear it.

8. Stefarooh

Stefarooh What's a Dremel?

Im with Crunchy on this one, although the games industry in my case would have to not release a single new game for a period of three or more years for me to catch up. Currently as it sits I have cleared 27 games on my steam list and have 362 games never even installed. I consider myself to be a pretty regular gamer. I play games most nights (I havent watched the tellie in about 3 years now - seriously - so I would'nt have a clue whats hot on the tube or not) and weekends, obviously relationship and family permitting and yet it still takes me in excess of 6 months to clear a game (granted I play about 10/12 games at a time as I get easily bored if I just focus on one game till completion)

Currently busy with:-

Skyrim (in anticipation for Dawnguard)
    Borderlands (in anticipation for Borderlands 2)
    Civilization V with its new expansion (For me this is the equivalent of digital crack - the other half never saw me for 18hrs this weekend as I consumed the new excellent expansion pack. Thankfully the other half is so busy with MBA studies I could justify the 18hrs or there would have been hell to pay )
    Diablo 3
    Dungeon Siege 3
    Driver - San Fransico
    Ghostbusters 2
    Assassins Creed 2 (in anticipation for 3 - although still have to get through Brotherhood and Revelations before attempting 3)
    Need for Speed: Shift
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Portal 2

All those games were games bought on sale. I dont pay full price anymore. These sales have taught me that I can comfortably wait it out for the inevitable price drop

9. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I have about 20 or so steam games yet to install and play (including Witcher 2 sadly) but with a wife, 2 kids and working 4 on 4 off shifts time escapes me.
    Totally sucks. Maybe I'll have more time when my eldest is old enough to play PC games... Seeing as he's 3 now it means I'll have enough time to hopefully save for a new PC.

###EDIT###

After using that Steam profile checker linked about it turns out I have 96 games that I have never played. Looking at the list of games it claims I have never played I know it to be BS. As it is showing up some games I have played, and some I even completed, as me never having played them. I'd take it's results with a pinch of salt.
    However I will concede after going through the list of my games there are way more than 20 I've not played, I'd say it was more like in the 70's.

Last edited: 25 Jun 2012
  10. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I've played every single game in my Steam list. This makes me feel like I should buy more :hehe:

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

still have 55% of my games to play according to that list. I have some work ahead of me it seems.

12. Stefarooh

Stefarooh What's a Dremel?

I’m with Crunchy on this one, although the games industry in my case would have to not release a single new game for a period of three or more years for me to catch up. Currently as it sits I have cleared 27 games on my steam list and have 362 games never even installed. I consider myself to be a pretty regular gamer. I play games most nights (I haven’t watched the tellie in about 3 years now - seriously - so I wouldn’t have a clue what’s hot on the tube or not) and weekends, obviously relationship and family permitting and yet it still takes me in excess of 6 months to clear a game (granted I play about 10/12 games at a time as I get easily bored if I just focus on one game till completion)

Currently busy with:-

Skyrim (in anticipation for Dawnguard)
    Borderlands (in anticipation for Borderlands 2)
    Civilization V with its new expansion (For me this is the equivalent of digital crack - the other half never saw me for 18hrs this weekend as I consumed the new excellent expansion pack. Thankfully the other half is so busy with MBA studies I could justify the 18hrs or there would have been hell to pay)
    Diablo 3
    Dungeon Siege 3
    Driver - San Francisco
    Ghostbusters 2
    Assassins Creed 2 (in anticipation for 3 - although still have to get through Brotherhood and Revelations before attempting 3)
    Need for Speed: Shift
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Portal 2

All those games were games bought on sale. I don’t pay full price anymore. These sales have taught me that I can comfortably wait it out for the inevitable price drop

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I've intentionally left £44 in my PayPal account ready for the Summer sale. Although I have plenty to be getting on with (I'm currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC for the first time since I bought it in 2007 - albeit with the Complete 2009 mod :D)

Still, hoping that Max Payne 3 gets a hefty discount at some point, also Torchlight 2. I'm also secretly hoping that Prototype 2 is volumes better than the first game was on PC. I'm not holding my breath.

14. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

SH was the best FPS made up to that date, not sure if anyone is playing it now, we are all waiting for SH2.

As far as the zombie thing, running around and shooting uneducated republicans gets old for me after an hour or so. I like complexity, which is why I play games like EVE

Yours in Complex Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I have 27 games that I haven't even installed and another 15 that I've only put a few minutes into (just to see what they're like) before uninstalling. Most my games I have yet to complete.

17. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

Over the last few weeks I've played through Dead Space 1 and 2, all of the Half Life games and Portal 1. Portal 2 is the last game remaining on my Steam sales list... good times

18. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

19. rollo

rollo Modder

could about 50 games unplayed on steam at least

cities xl 2012 football manager 2012 and dunguen defenders my main games i actually play on steam

rest just sit there collecting dust lol

20. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Same here, unfortunately. :(

Tags: Add Tags