1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Big Steam Amnesty

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 25 Jun 2012.

1. salesman

salesman Minimodder

*Whew* only played 17% of my games with 714 hours logged. Killing floor takes 194 of those hours. I wouldn't want to see the amount of time I put into CSS back in the day. If only steam logged time back to when HL2 first came out.

2. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

And here I was feeling bad that I've got about half a dozen I haven't installed yet. Plus Humble Bundle 5, so there's another 6.

I totally forgot it was about to be Summer Sale time. Damn you, Steam! Damn you all to hell!

3. Bokonist

Bokonist What's a Dremel?

Wow, just finished the first portal because I started the second one and felt bad because I met GlaDOS at the start of the game and I felt guilty about not completing the first. Very glad I did, my first unlocked acheivement for that game was in feb 2010!
    When I've finished that I have:
    Warhammer 40K- dipped toe in
    Napolean TW- Never installed
    Mass Effect 2- Installed but need to add my ME1 files to it
    The Witcher- Never installed
    The FEAR sequels, Perseus Mandate and the other one.

I'll complete Portal over the next few days(nearly done I think) and move on to Mass Effect 2. I don't think I'll be buying much in this summer sale thanks to the two other sale purchases I never really played much and have come into their own thanks to the DAYZ mod, (Arma II and OA if you didn't know) once you've been to Chenarus you'll never go back. Survival Horror at it's finest and it's still just an Alpha!

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Mine's bigger. Over 1100 games on Steam.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Press accounts don't count. :p

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I love uplink - although I don't have it on steam. I bought it long ago, on CD, complete with the little security card (which, I discovered quite recently, is missing from the case).

I may have a trawl through steam, to see if it's still available; as I fancy another go.

I probably have around twenty unplayed games on my steam account - the usual dross left over from package deals, where 2 or 3 great games were bundled with a bunch of m'eh.

7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Love uplink. It's great for having a sneaky play at work as it doesn't actually look like a game!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

8. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Just picked up Deus Ex Human Revolution for £4.99...living the dream

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I hope ARMA 2 is on sale. Looking forward to playing the DayZ MOD. Looks astonishing when coupled with TS and a few friends!

10. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Such a good idea... I have like 60 games in my 'To Play' list...

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I actually tried Uplink a while ago, but found the initial stages to be very boring. Seems it gets better once you get past the first few. I might reinstall it and give it a proper go.

12. b1candy

b1candy What's a Dremel?

It shows me as only playing 3.4hrs on SR3. I completed most of that game offline, hence why it doesn't show any numbers for it. For some reason they haven't written a local algorithm - guess they can't check it in case the system clock changes wildly when offline. Same with XFire though as well.

Some of the games I have came with packs, and I had already completed them for Gamerscore on the 360, so I won't be playing them on steam anytime soon,

13. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Uplink - I thought you were referring to the HL Mod :)

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Uplink becomes a lot better if you install the later patches that add LANs. Rock hard, mind - but great fun.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I'm genuinely curious here - why do people spend money buying so many games that they'll likely never play? Is it a Pokémon kind of thing; you just gotta catch 'em all?

16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

In my case it is more like a bundle thing. Like game X is let's say 15€, but a bundle with previous 2 parts is only 17€. And in that case many will say "maybe i will play it sometime" and buy the bigger bundle. And then that maybe changes to probably never :D.

17. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I will never play all of my steam games or even attempt to. At 270 "games," that includes expansions and such, some are terrible and I never played more than 5 minutes of, some will never say I played them because I played them long before steam started tracking those stats for games or simply because I bought a cheap double copy of a game I really liked on steam during a sale for only a buck or two and still play the cd versions. Steam has become my digital backup of sorts, true, I might not have my saved data from disc games carried over to my steam account but the game itself will always be there and that's my piece of mind at night, ARE MY VIDEO GAMES PRESERVED FOR FUTURE USE. cuz ya know - steam will be around forever and if it's not mr gabe said he will get us our games if steam ever has to turn itself off

18. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Busy playing all my Humble Bundle games on Steam.

Psychonauts falls under the category of a gem of a game which I had passed by until now.

19. stormvixen

stormvixen What's a Dremel?

I absolutely loved uplink - I did get it when it came out - complete with the matt black matrix-esque CD sleeve where you had to locate the code to validate the copy. Got totally immersed in it. Gave it to my first flame, and never saw it again, so loved picking it up in the Steam Sale, and it's a game that's stood the test of time. Still love it, and having played a fair bit of Cyberpunk (Tabletop) as well as writing a Netrunner fiction I get it so much more now, and still absolutely love it.

When I finish Skyrim, I might go for some Uplink before starting on my next unplayed game... :)

20. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

178 games in my library. 24 beaten, about as many are multiplayer only and unbeatable. That leaves . . . many many more that I've been trying to work my way through.

There are many though, that I'm just not interested in anymore. They never held my interest long enough to win. Still, it's been my goal this summer to play less L4D2 and TF2 and finally play my other games.

Tags: Add Tags