1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Oh BT BT BT

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackster, 27 Jun 2012.

1. Jackster

Jackster What's a Dremel?

Ordered Infinity this month on the 4-5th can't remember what date now.

Was at the start of month anyway.

So got Openreach appointment for the 20th.

So I wait. Count each day down. Come to the 20th, get's everything ready for guy to install little box and some software onto a VM that I will destroy once he is gone... (I DON'T WANT YOUR CRAPPY BROADBAND HELPER. IF MY INTERNET IS DOWN WTF IT GOING TO DO? "Your Internet is offline, check that you have not disconnected the cable from the router"......)

Where was I?

So wait there in the front room......Waiting.... Waiting.... Oh, 2:30PM.... appointment is 8am till 1PM. So I call BT Order "help" line and WAIT for 30 mins for some half asleep girl to pick the phone up and talk to me like my ears have cones on to pick up miniature sound waves....

Says that the OpenReach techs are too busy and cant make it.....

Okay so first where is the phone call, email or text to tell me that the appointment has been cancelled?

So I get the "Oh sorry, here is £10 free credit" Yes because I work for £10 a day? For saying I have been off all day not working £10 will cover what I have not earned? Carrying on... "Openreach will call tomorrow or Friday to rearrange"...

SO.,,,, Friday night comes and no call.... Woppie!

I give them Monday to call. But NOTHING.....

Now p***ed that my broadband on ADLS is not working (I heard a lot of people could not get online from 3PM till 5PM aswell) so I call BT Order "help" line again.

Turns up that there is a "fault" in the system. ( I wonder if it is the same system as Natwest :p ) So now they have to redo the appointment and should get a call within 24-48 hours....

So if you read though that horridly written bad grammar rant about BT well done. You might want to go rest for a bit :p

So couple days left on ADSL till I get cut off. As of many of you I run a online company and internet is key.. So I told them that and I am "#1 priority".. I think everyone is....? So they better call soon or I am going to rage....

(I have backup internet... but they don't know that

/rantover

To be updated soon.

[edit]

Yer I cant wait for it.

But taking the p*** now.

New appointment is 09 Jul 2012.................

My ADSL runs out in a few days....

That is over a month to install a small box and move 2 tiny cables from one cabinet to another....

I already got the router hooked and power and Ethernet. Not much for him to do. Don't want the software to that will save them time.

2. suragh

suragh Derp

That sucks dude,

Ask them to give you discount on your next bill unless its free for etc etc. I tend to moan and threaten Virgin if they give our area grief.

All you can do mate, I have never seen service that bad before.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Sucks, dude... and believe me, I know that feeling VERY VERY well.

Living in this glorious (but beautiful) s***hole of a country, I have a fight with our (ultimately the only) telecoms provider once a month.
    These always involve >25% downtime (if not 3 days solid), me calling numerous times, the call getting escalated to management, management not getting back to me until I threaten lawyers,etc... and all of that for 384kbits...(though I am upgraded for SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON to 512 right now, and am waiting for my upgrade to 1Meg to happen)

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I don't like kicking a man when he is down, but you run an online business, and cancelled your current adsl before the other service was live... Rooky error.

Can you not contact your current ISP explain the situation and see if you can delay the cessation, there may be a charge but it may be worth it.

I do sympathise with regards to BT though. I deal with them a lot at work and every time something goes hideously wrong. One time it took them 6 months to install phone lines from a DP that was, quite literally 20 meters or so away.
    Not much help now, but I have learned never trust BT until they deliver what is promised.

5. Jackster

:lol:

6. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

we're having the same problems at the moment with BT. It's due to the flooding and bad weather we've been having recently.

They had to send an engineer from glasgow down to us two weeks ago because all of the midlands engineers were busy.

You will enjoy the speeds when you get it. 80mbit is just awesome.

Two months ago (before the flooding) BT installed out service bang on time. I really can't moan at them.

7. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

Im still waiting on the council to even put fibre optic lines in.. my download speed peaks at 280kbs.

1st worlds country on a 3rd world internet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Kol, it's funny because it's true :(

9. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

yeah, we have 17mb adsl but no fibre, but then the town 8 miles down the road has 2000 less residents and has fibre - go figure... We dont even have a date for fibre to be installed. On top of that a small hamlet 2 miles out of town has Vodafone 3G but we dont..

To be fair 17mb adsl isn't all that bad but we only got that 3 months ago.

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

kol - the council doesnt fit fibre (FTTC) its BT that does it...

and OP , same ting has happened to 3 people i know , way down south in eastbourne...all had to wait a week or more for infinity

11. Jackster

The problem is BT has oversold the service.

They just want money money money.

Government should intervene on such a big company as they have invested a shizzle load into the company.

12. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

And Virgin.
    Virgin owns most of it, BT rents the lines off them for the most part as Diamond-cable owned all of it, which got sold to NTL then to virgin.

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Eh? BT's FTTC doesn't touch Virgin's cabling, the two networks are totally separate, using two incompatible technologies (VDSL for BT, DOCSIS for Virgin).

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Hmmmm, my bad... thats what my ex college told me :S......

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Well, don't believe them. Virgin make a big deal about how their network is totally separate from BT and is "cable only" without reliance upon copper wiring. I remember when BlueYonder and NTL were laying the original cabling back in the day, and they had to duplicate BT's existing infrastructure (ie: if your road already had BT, which was basically everywhere, Virgin still had to rip the road up to install their cabling and new junction boxes).

16. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

When my cable internet was installed, it was Cable & Wireless that laid all the infrastructure. Them were the days before NTL and BlueYonder... when British summers were hot, when the grass really was greener, ah it takes me back.

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Think it depended when it happened and where you lived. AFAIK, there were several cable providers that eventually amalgamated under NTL (C&W, BlueYonder for sure) and then Virgin.

18. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Can I point out that once you've had more than one day off you can claim compensation for it.

I saw that on something like the One show. Basically once you've had a second day holiday (your 1st one you'd have needed anyway) you can say that they are costing you money.

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

that reminds me - many many years ago, in parts of eastbourne we had cable tv - little grey boxes on the wall with a turn knob for channels. hasnt worked in eyars sadly and cant remember who provided it :(

20. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I think Rediffusion provided something like that. The house I moved into in 1976 had a box like that but I never figured out what it was.

Yep, here it is:

[​IMG]

Harlequin likes this.