1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam FFVII steam remake/release

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lankuzo, 27 Jun 2012.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/41079

I'm talking about the Aeons, in the PAL release version (and international) they lowered Anima's Overdrive base damage but allowed for 16 hits, which means that Anima became even more ridiculous.

I played through the American NA version. Which means I didn't get the full stuff. And i didn't get Ribbon. Which would've been EPIC. (And expensive to farm)

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

NSGNSNO challenge ( No Sphere Grid/No Summoning/No Overdrives )

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That's a shame. Penance was the ultra ridiculous badass. The Magus Sisters always pissed me off though, for you the wasp one would NEVER use the ass needler of doom but the second you try the Dark Magus Sisters you can damn well guarantee it would be that attack every damn time lol.

The only thing missing from 10 was a card game of some sort, that would have made it just right, even without the free roam.

Ribbon was easy to get....................once lol

4. Elton

Yes the ass needler was epic. until you realized you had no control over it.

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I'm still a massive fan of Final Fantasy 1 and 2...Had it on GBA, and are still 2 of the best games I've ever played..

6. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Used to play this game at my friends house for an hour or so every week after tuition. If it is released and is at a good price point I will get it

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Never understood the Final Fantasy series. Is it just 13+ games of one huge storyline or something? It seems to jump around a lot and just plain puts me off because of it.

8. Elton

That's the one thing I've always wondered. What the hell is going on in that universe? There probably is a timeline somewhere.

What I can say though is Nobuo Amatsu (sp?) makes some epic soundtracks.

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ultimately, no. Each game is a new world (or universe, who knows) and is it's own story; you require no knowledge of previous games to enjoy the next. The stories are all extremely similar though.

There are a few exceptions to this. X-2 and XIII-2 being sequels to X and XIII respectively and there are element of lore within X-2 which hints at X/X-2 being set on the same world as VII but there's nothing actually shown to clarify this, it's just some dialogue.

There are recurring themes/names which the FF fans always spot/want/whatever. 'Cid' and 'Biggs and Wedge' are in every game as are several of the summoned creatures (Ifrit, Shiva, Alexander, Bahamut, maybe some others) and certain monsters always show up too (Tonberry, Cactuar, Flans, etc.) And there are always Chocobo's (although nowhere near as much as there should be in the most recent games).

10. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

I think someone needs to open a Final Fantasy Appreciation thread!

11. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

If i was steam i would just release all the final fantasy series and rake in the money. Square Enix might not want that though.
    I for one would more than likely buy them all.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I might go and buy FF7 and FF8 now...

I've never played 7, but got stuck on 8 as I was still a very young chap and didn't know what to do..:3

13. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

You won't regret it. To work properly 8 needs a bit of patching on the PC. Not sure about 7 as I played that on PS1 and 2.

14. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

emulator is easier and better for this

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I've recently just found my old PS1 anyway, so might play it on there...After I buy them off ebay, just for the lulz ^.^

16. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Never played any of them at all. Mostly watched friends play at LANs between games of CS and such.

Would I be completely lost in the story if I started at 7? I do know some stuff about the games (I know who Cloud is! :p ). I've also watched the movie and as I understand it, it takes place between 7 and 8.

17. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

each of the final fantasy's are set in there own worlds so you can pick up 10 and it will make sence...and you can pick up 2 and it would make as much sence
    there are names that are in all of them ( certain weapon names nd the like ) but there really isnt much connection between them unless you count the sequals ( x-2 etc )

Draksis likes this.
  18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Almost every FF game is stand alone with new characters, etc (monster names and some other info is recycled)

The only ones which aren't stand alone are:
    X/X-2
    VII and a tomb-raider-esque game spin-off with Vincent as the main character
    XIII and XIII-2.

edit: ninja'd while typing.

Draksis likes this.
  19. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Final Fantasy 4 also had the After Years version if I can remember correctly..

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Wasn't Vagrant Story set in the same world they used in FFXII?

But yeah, generally speaking, unless it's an odd sounding one line FF ten-two, it's stand alone to the others.

There are some re-occurring elements, such as some of the summon spells, Chocobos, types of monster, etc. But the setting and characters are completely different each time.

I've not played a FF game since XII, I didn't really get into XII all that much, the last one I really played properly was X.

Draksis likes this.