1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 5 Jul 2012.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hi all, long time no chat.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the extended cut DLC for ME3? I can't seem to find it and it's supposed to have been out yesterday!

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

It's been out for a little bit. I'll assume you have it on PC, and from memory, right click on ME3, Show Game Details. That'll load a new page on Origin, top right, Shop for Add Ons. add Extended Cut. Download.

If it's not on there, then I don't know. The only DLC that was supposed to come out yesterday to my knowledge was the PS3 UK dlc, but I know people that had it on the same date as me for PC.

Pete J likes this.
  3. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I believe the xbox one came out last week, just goto game add ons in the market place and ME3 if you are xbox.

Cant help with others, i would assume your are talking about PC :D

4. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Had mine for a week now. Click on the i button under where you launch the game through origin then click on shop for add ons.

Pete J likes this.
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Thank you good folk! It is installing now.

I hope it improves things. The original ending was what drove me away from gaming and these forums for quite a while.

6. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Hope you like it. I thought it was okay(still not good, but no longer one of the worst endings I've ever played).

7. merter

merter What's a Dremel?

The endings were definitely much better (I enjoyed the control ending most)... although it still seems like a bit of a cop-out. It'll be interesting to see whether they do another non-Shep Mass Effect game in the same universe.

8. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Oi no spoliers!

Not much of one but still lol.

They have a few already, there is a android one i think i forget the name.

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I finally got round to viewing the Extended Cut endings for my Mass Effect 3 play through.

SPOILERS AHOY ME HARTIES SO READ ON AT YE OWN PERRIL!

Let me start by saying that I’m afraid while these extended endings improve the original poor ending and add a little more context to some of what was hinted at in the original endings, it’s still fairly disappointing.

Decisions made thought the course of the game still have little impact to the overall outcome, becoming fairly arbitrary.

To make things worse, if you choose the destroy ending (the only ending where Shepperd is seen taking a breath, implying he survived) not only does it destroy the reapers, but all synthetics, including Edi and the Geth. This completely invalidates me brokering a peace between the Geth and the Qurians. Saved or destroyed Maelons data in ‘old blood’? Fairly irrelevant, only impacting eve’s survival, rather than the viability of the Krogen cure. Destroyed or re-wrote the Geth in ‘legion a house devided’? Again fairly irrelevant, all it impact is the war asset value of either the Geth or Quarians.
    I followed my main play though from an imported shep with a default shep. It made little difference, Legion was replaced by a Geth VI who looks and sounded the same, the Ranci Queen was replaced by another. A fair number of previous characters like Zaeed became minor side shows or were missing and some choices were forced on you as a result, but all that did was remove elements while adding nothing in return.

Combine that with how irritating it actually was to play the final bit of the game, forced slow walking, no conversation skipping, cut scenes that cannot be skipped, the inability to save before you make your final choices (the last save that gets made for you is just after you get knocked on your ass in front of the beam), it is a fairly painful experience.

If you believe the hype, Casey Hudson shut the rest of the writers out of the final bits of the game and frankly, if true, it shows! They claim artistic integrity but that just a poor excuse for a bad, nonsensical ending.

Mass Effect 1 & 2 both gave more satisfying endings, that were more impacted by your decisions and gave some closure, allowing you to feel like that part of the story was ‘complete’, while still allowing for follow ups.
    While mass effect 2 was somewhat dumbed down compared to some elements of the original mass effect (although the original while less dumbed down was quite clunky), it was still very good quality overall with a good space opera story.

Personally I feel ME3 is the worst in the series, which is a bit of a shame really. I am also not sure exactly how so little in the way of new content could be 1.8 gig in size either.

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I felt the Extended Cut did what it was supposed to. It clarified a few things and filled in a few plot holes. It's still not perfect, but it took a terribad ending and made it adequate. If the game had shipped with these ending the uproar would have been much less.

I'm still sad that the series didn't get the ending it deserved, but at least the series as a whole is worth playing again..for me anyway.

11. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

:read:
    Agreed. That's the most annoying issue I have with mass effect 3, that it brings the whole saga into contention. Tali got exiled np, still welcome as a geth expert. Key henchmen died in 2 conviently replaced. Figured since squadmates in 2 were sans plot armor (yeah Liara, I'm looking at you) that ME1 MIAs, and new members would be making a (re)appearance not as npcs. If they died at some point they were conveniently replaced by some generic storywise. Invalidating a large portion of the choices made in the previous games and regulating the remaining to simply being war assets.