1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Monsoon Compression Fitting Six Pack Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 20 Jun 2012.

1. bundymania

bundymania Bastelorakel Industries Worldwide

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Duct tape :)

3. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

The duct tape is all used up holding one of my co-workers seat in place in his truck :(

4. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

image load fin on Mozilla Nightly 16a

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I'm having issues with pictures also, except the last one.

I just managed to get some samples into South Australia and now the business I work for will be stocking these fittings. They really are very cool. I first caught wind of them a few months ago but it always takes so long for stuff to filter down to Australia. I never really liked conventional compression fittings, everone was using them and to me they are just run of the mill now. I much prefer the look of 3/8" tygon stretched over a 1/2" barb.

As for the 6 packs most CPU only kits use 6 fittings only (assuming they have a pump/res combo) so they make a good upgrade for kit users. Plus it is much cheaper to buy 2x 6 packs if you need 12 fittings then it is to buy 12 fittings and a wrench individually (even cheaper than 1 pack and 6 individual fittings), plus you get 6 black O'rings and 6 O'rings matched to the colour of your fittings in each pack, pretty good value IMO. The compact size also makes it easier to ship and allows cheaper shipping options for consumers due to the compact size.

6. BG_Geno

BG_Geno What's a Dremel?

Just some extra information in case anyone is interested. These actually now come in four sizes, 3/4 x 1/2 -- 3/8 x 58 -- 7/16 x 5/8 and 3/8 x 1/2. Also they feature all brass construction so are not anodized.