1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows found windows 7 home premium...cheap

Discussion in 'Software' started by numanoid, 3 Jul 2012.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

theres an even easier way

the cd uses metallic ink where it says microsoft it should also flash to genuine if its a real disk if you move it around in the light, Its a protection that i dout is crackable to a normal printer

2. numanoid

numanoid Modder

cheers rollo....it is deffo fake mate

3. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

I ordered from Play.com a while ago Office 2007 H&S for a customer. It was £69.99 so no reason to believe it was dodgy. It arrived and I was sat having a brew. I dont know what made me do this but out the blue I used my iPhone to scan the barcode on the box and it didnt work. I was like eh?? So I got out my Windows 7 I'd bought from scan and on first glance the office box looked very Microsofty stickers etc The windows 7 box scanned and came up showing me local prices but the Office one wouldnt work.

Then I spotted the COA (which looked really good) was fake I shined a torch through the sticker and you could clearly see it was a strip of mental through the hole in the coa. And the hole was perfectly cut not all ripped and jaggered like a real MS one. I contacted Play who didnt care tbh - it was the Playtrade thing. But the seller said remove my review saying it was fake and I could have my money back. I said ok what is return address for fake product they didnt give me one and never spoke to me again. So I kept it and they refunded me my money.

At one point MS offered real versions if you sent in a high quality fake but I dont think they do it anymore. I did report the seller to MS but dont know if anything came of it.

Annoyed me though as had I not notice my customer could have come back to me accusing me of selling dodgy software!!! And she was a lawyer! She said any trouble getting my money back to call her luckily I didnt need her services.

If its cheap like Windows 7 for £40 then its 99% of the time fake! I buy from Scan better safe then sorry imo.

4. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Thanks short, i would never have thought play.com would sell fake stuff very unusual
    thanks for that short
    take care

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I'm suprised play didn't care, even if it is play trade. If I was Play I wouldn't be
    happy with hosting resellers who are selling knock offs. Anyway its another reason not to use play. Also I would hate to remove a review from someone selling knock offs to get my money back. People should be made aware of unscruplulous dealers.

6. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

I did mate but I needed the £69 to buy it again from my customer. I couldn't afford not to get the money back. Plus they had by then started to get quite a few bad reviews. They where also selling Adobe software for about £40!

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I would have done the same thing in your position, it's just a shame he put you in that position but at least the sellers bad reviews are mounting as you say.

8. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

And I passed everything to Microsoft to try and help them catch them! I'll try and find the pics of the box. I showed my dad the real one and the fake one and he couldnt tell the difference!

9. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

Found the pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Real one - but this version was in the plastic box - but most where in the cardboard one - this pic is mainly to show you the COA - see the jaggeredy edges. Also MS use words on the sticker in tiny tiny tiny font. I used a microscope to see it and the fake one was all rubbish wasnt letters. The real one said Microsoft in pin head sized text

[​IMG]

Bigger pics if you click the thumbnail.

10. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Is a good fake!

mental. What actually happens with these fakes? I mean do they work? Are they just basically selling technet keys or are they actually selling something that doesnt work at all?

11. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

Apparently it would have worked - reviews from others said

"key didnt work at first but the lovely company provided a new one"

LOL!!! So some worked some didnt but the company just gave you a new key. These reviews only appeared after I had purchased it. Otherwise I would have stayed clear.

I think its still in the office in the cupboard I sent loads of pics to MS.

Oh and what was funny I purchased Office H&S 2007 as the student wanted this but they sent 2010. I complained and said I wanted 2007 they said stop complaining you have the latest version. I said yeah but I didn't want it I purposely bought 2007 as the young lady used it at school and wanted it to be all the same. This was before I had spotted it was fake.

The positive reviews where all the people saying wow ordered 2007 got 2010.

12. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

my dad was conned into buying office 2010, for £20 odd every 3 or 6 months, cant remember which, and that he should contact them to get a renewal key. i have sorted him out now with a legal copy, not a resold technet/msdn one