1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Strange bluetooth issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Agent_M, 10 Jul 2012.

1. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

I recently bought a wireless microsoft keyboard and it was working fine apart from occasionally not wanting to come out of hibernation after leaving it for about 10-15 mins. So I tried fixing that issue and everything was fine. Then for some reason when I unplugged the bluetooth dongle and plugged it back in it now refuses to detect any bluetooth device.
    The bluetooth service is running and I've got the icon in the tray but when I try to add a device it just sits there not detecting anything. My phone can detect the keyboard but not my computer.
    This is incredibly frustrating as I'm sure you can imagine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. suragh

suragh Derp

When you plug in the device, do any popups apear at the bottom of your screen? If not, check Device Manager and go to Bluetooth devices, if it is there, remove it and Then "Scan for Hardware Changes". If this doesn't work, go to the manufacturers website and download the driver for it.

Also, I would recommend to turn off Hibernation in Power settings. (Or you can be pro and type in on CMD - powercfg.exe /hibernate off) :D

Last edited: 11 Jul 2012
  3. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

when the dongle is put in the bluetooth icon appears and I can scan for bluetooth devices but it cant ever find any. If I use the same dongle on my laptop it finds the keyboard fine.

my computer doesn't go into hibernation, I was trying to fix an issue where if the keyboard was untouched for awhile with the pc on it would stop sending info to the pc, but still show up in the device list as connected, now that's not an issue as it just wont work :p

Its a very weird problem, like the bluetooth dongle is permanently in use on the pc or something so it cant be used to scan for new devices.
    It could be an issue with the bluetooth service or something like that. I've pretty much given up messing around with it now.