1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam FFVII steam remake/release

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lankuzo, 27 Jun 2012.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I got the missus a plush chocobo for a present once. You can also get plush moogles, tonberries and others. I also have a mint in box 7inch Anima, it kind of has to stay in the box because it's the upper and lower part so it wont actually stand anywhere lol Actually, now that I look at the memorabilia stuff there's tons I'd completely forgotten about. I could make a fortune on the MP with that lot

2. Ulti

Ulti Poor student

Wow, seems I'm pretty lucky. Tales of Xilia announced for Europe and FF7 announced for PC!

3. Krazzi

Krazzi What's a Dremel?

Still have my original copy of FF7 and a PS1 to play it on :D I would love a remake though, wanted one for years :)

4. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

And if you don't have an old Dreamcast lying around go buy one.

Throbbi likes this.
  5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Gotta say, 7 was my favourite. Probably because of the music and how old I was when I first played. I was 11 and it was the first game that drew me in... Other games till then had been platformers or racing and sports games in my like with only some master system games and shinobi ninja one grasping my imagination.

I guess discovering your first RPG is a pretty big deal to some. I'll probably play it again soon...

6. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Yes, it's kind of like a right of passage that everyone should be able to experience.

7. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Tales of Symphonia is a def must buy if you're looking to buy other games in that genre.

I lost hours and hours in that game..

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Would be nice to have a PC version that requires no faffing about to make it work. I have it on both PSX and PC. I can emulate the psx version perfectly, but it was fun modding the pc version. Sephiroth against the evil cloud, good times.

9. Krazzi

Krazzi What's a Dremel?

I did play the modded PC version, although I didn't enjoy how it played. Can't remember what I didn't like, but it just didn't feel the same.

10. Fizzban

It was different for sure. The reconstruction mod + high res mod is actually very good. Makes the game look a little less ancient without altering the feel. There is also a teeny-tiny mod that changes the Cloud model in the battles to the model used right at the end of the game. And the other characters too. It looks class. I hope the steam version will be moddable in the same way.

---

To those wanting a remake Square-Enix have said no. The reason being that they would want to alter things, and they know full well that altering things would alter the feel and thus anger the fan base. And lets not forget that those who made FF7 magic no longer work for the company anymore. I want a remake with sexy graphics too and maybe a couple extra ultra-hard Weapons (and a decent Jap-Eng translation)...but I don't want the game to be ruined along the way as they tinker about changing things.

11. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Ok, I'm confused now: does that mean there is no steam version? Or just that the steam version will look exactly as the original?

12. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

More than likely it will be a digital version of the old PC release, no updates/upgrades

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Pffft.

Where's Final Fantasy Tactics? I can't believe you didn't import it :(

14. merter

merter What's a Dremel?

I can't wait for this to come out. Imagine some sort of multiplayer! Mind blown

15. Fizzban

There will be a Steam version, but it will be the original game.

Draksis likes this.
  16. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Now only if FF7 was released and on a 50% or 70% offer on steam im pretty sure the servers would crash out of the amount of people trying to download at once :D

17. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

download?! You assume people will be able to get to the checkout in the first palce :p

18. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

^ What he said

19. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I did import it and sold it on. I think there is a DS remake?

20. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder