1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

the jump from a1 to a2 is pretty big from my personal experience, and people say a2 to a3 is also big, but 3 to 4 isn't as bad. Can't comment from a2 on, but I couldn't solo butcher without him enraging pre-inferno nerf. I made little progress in a2 until I started upgrading my items, and I find as a barb my damage is low, I don't have much life on hit, but with revenge I can easily farm a1 for gear. I've managed to bump my dps up to about 8600 with I believe 47-49k hp, and lowest resist is now 860 or 890 buffed.

A lot of people say barbs / melee are a lot more gear dependent. Don't be discouraged, with some gear you'll be able to get through a lot, even if you do kill slow. I find Wrath of the berserker with the insanity rune and earthquake with the mountains call rune gives a huge amount of damage against champion packs. I used to fear them until I switched up my skills, and now I find solo'ing and killing a lot better.

I use this but instead of brawler I use nerves of steel.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSPTVk!egb!acZbcc

2. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WkSVgR!beV!ccccZZ

Thats the build I use, full tank build, couple this with the 750 Life on hit that I have and Im practically immortal... I can solo butcher easily enough (can tank fire now), going to start act 2 when i get a bit more resistances, I know that I will not be able to solo Belial though as hit enrage is so short now :(

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Have you seen the name of the person doing Phd on Online Gaming in this BBC article?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18783069

Seriously, you really do have to change that, it would be bad for a man but its sooooooo much worse for a woman!!

4. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

I like the picture of auctions with buyouts of 850k and 1.25mil with the caption, "Some items are commanding very high prices on the Diablo 3 auction house"

5. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

Hey was looking over google for a database for diablo 3's items max stats so i could better understand a items worth when i found this handy chart. http://tinyurl.com/buad9g8

But might be slightly outdated depending on whats changed over patches. Has anyone else got any other charts?

6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

The link gives me a fobidden message. Where are you send us J!n ?!?! :p

What is it? then we can just google-fu it. :thumb:

7. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

8. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

need some help in inferno act 2 please. Im tired of grinding act 1 for rubish drops.

My name is lankuzo#2882

9. Comfyasabadger

The amount of Glitches coming out of the wood work is insane.

Wiz God Mode and Barb charge glitching.

Did Wiz God mode last night and was lots of fun. Going to see how the Barb one turns out.

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Surprised you haven't given up playing yet, I have lost all interest in the game tbh. And this was a massive D2 fan.. Roll on GW2.

11. Comfyasabadger

I very rarely do. Just fancied trying them out.

Playing Witcher 2 atm and will go back to Anno 2070 and BF3.

12. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

^^^^^
    This to the point that I can't remember my battle net password. And is coming from a not so massive D2 fan. The "Massive D2 fan" in my friends group tried a guess account and that was the end of that.

Waiting for Toughlight 2 myself. Bought the pre-order already and got Toughtlight 1 as bonus. :rock:

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I've given up on diablo 3, it lacks the adventure and farming / speed of diablo 2, while making end game about economics. If you're stuck on a boss you are either forced to go farm gear in earlier acts, and what you need never seems to drop, get help from others / public games and be carried, or go spend your gold / money for items. I like how in diablo 2 the players made the market, they turned runes into a currency as well as traded. Though you could trade in diablo 3, there is no easy way to do it since you can't actually make games with descriptions or names. On top of this, I'm stuck in a3 inferno and the only way to make more progress is to spend obscene amounts of gold on item upgrades (I'm talking a few million to get an extra 20-40 vit, str and 10 or so all resists). Even worse is these small upgrades make small differences.

I dropped a good 12-13 million on some gear to get me through a2, just to get stuck in a3. I can easily solo farm all of a1 but it takes roughly 40 minutes to an hour per run, and I might find 1-3 items worth trying to sell. I haven't played in a good 2 weeks but I'm sure now mediocre gear is next to worthless so unless you get lucky with an item roll you're forced to farm. It just feels like a vicious cycle. I've found numerous ilvl 62 weapons and ilvl 63 armor only to have some of the most useless or low stat rolls, and I still really dislike how they drop a mojo with str. Why the hell would a witch doctor need str. I have no motivation to play anymore, it becomes frustrating to advance and I feel like the amount of time you have to put in to make small advancements makes it discouraging to play. I agree with the bring on GW2!

14. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Millions to progress....ppl are clearing inferno with 1mil worth of gear. Look harder. And if you are sick of the item hunt.....try Harcore. Completly changed the experience for me.

So much more fun and fulfilling with progression and item drops.

15. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

So everyone is giving up?

I must admit I have not had *that* much time to play around, but when I do find, I usally have a good few hours with friends, either helping the low levels get to Inferno, or trying to get my monk through A2. every once in a while I solo to get my wizzard up to inferno, but all in all I am still having a lot of fun!

I think you have to keep it in low doses though, and play properly, ie. friends/people you know with skype/TS, cause that way you can not only organise the play-through, but also sharing loot amongst you, ie. trading!

If anyone whose not playing anymore feels like donating items for my monk/wizzard please let me know :) (bit of a n00b here - spent way too much of my gold on pre lvl 60 items) :(

16. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Still playing although I dont know how everyone has managed to get to inferno, Im still on nightmare :) and Ive played about 50 hours!

I think I would probably play it more if I got the hang of co op, as every time I join a game, everyone skips the speech and cutscenes, then everyone runs in different directions :D

Ive also managed to stay away from the auction house both in game currency and Real money (apart from gems as they are so cheap)

17. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

That sounds about right - I think my wizzard is at about 50hrs and not quite at nightmare yet (lvl 57 and just about to start act III).

I have not tried public games myself, because of the above reasons! I think they skip speech n cutscens as they will have seen/read them too many times!

18. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I was hoping there was going to be something Id missed or something :D

Its hard trying to persuade friends to buy a £40 game, when everyone is moaning about how corrupt and rubbish it is, and when TL2 is £15 :/

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm doing the same thing I did for Star Craft 2, wait for a sale. Picked up SC2 for £15 in Smythes just after Christmas. I enjoyed the beta (and the starter edition) but don't think it's worth £50.

20. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?