1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

There'll be peace when you are done [raging]...

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

@ Elton, yeah that's what I do whenever I die. Only seldome does it get to the 'red mode' rage ;)

3. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Woooo saaaaa Dom, Woooo saaaaaa

4. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Yes I did notice that I pwned you a ridiculous amount of times there and as I said in the game, I noted you lagged at least once visually for me so you almost got a bonafide excuse there.. :p

Some fun games indeed tonight and some ESL semi-serious wars with Telltale and Meadsy afterwards topped it off, gotta do more of that!

5. aLB_sCH1ZZO

aLB_sCH1ZZO What's a Dremel?

Funny thing is I got a couple of your tags but they don't show anywhere:eeek::eeek::eeek:
    Yesterday your playstyle was pretty messed so yeah take a little break and everything should be fine:thumb:
    I was in the same waters couple weeks ago and a 2 day break did that for me!

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Dom I think your a generally peaceful and chilled kinda guy, so if your raging then probably good to do some other things a bit (though I know, not much out there is as fun as BF3!)

My housemate has played a little too much, and I'm here in my room listening to him cussing and swearing, and its not a pleasant sound.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

You guys are right and doing something that takes me away from BF3 is what Im going to do. Only for a few days and or simply stop raging. It is just a game.

8. Digi

Having played shooters clanned since '99 - I've had serious rage problems. I find that usually it's because I'm performing worse than I know I can and that frustration feeds on itself until you ARE actually playing much worse because you're so affected by your frustration. Then that can easily turn to rage when you get killed by 'that noob' etc.

I find a good way to fix this is to have a bong nearby or handy pre-rolled that you can simply light up and smoke whilst listening to a bit of Marley and generally grinning at your fool enemies. :hehe:

But seriously, just don't put so much pressure on yourself and you'll find that it will start to fall in to place. Let's have a whacky-game night on CPC server instead, stupid weapons or whatever, to restore some of the laughs.. :thumb:

9. aLB_sCH1ZZO

What time is this goin to happen???

10. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Ohhh man I dont want to even count the cost of damaged hardware from raging ..Probably about 3 keyboards (saitek/logitech ones too!) and 4/5 mice. I broke my MX518 about 3 days ago, but it had lasted for 4 years which is a bit of a record. I used to love having a CRT monitor cos i'd punch the screen, never broke one but when I moved to TFT ive almost put my fist straight through it! Throwing the nearest thing as hard as i can against the opposite wall usually happens too!

Gaming brings out the worst in me. Like digi when i know im under performing and "unreal stuff" or "dodgy noobs" or "getting dicked from behind again and again" happens, i just end up shouting and swearing some nasty things.

If the BS persists sometimes i honestly feel I could just go outside and beat the crap out of a randomer person for no reason lol.

Doesn't help being a sore loser lol. i HATE losing!!

11. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Anyone want to play battlefield 3 tonight?

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's just Battlefield. i don't rage when i played CoD since the killcam is actually fun to watch. but with BF, the resentful stare at the enemy's smug face every time i die adds to the underperforming rage.

take a break, play something else, Steam sale is on, perfect time to snatch up some other games.

+1 to this. i need to get back on mumble for the lolz. defib+repair tool war is the way forward. :D

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I usually play 2 weeknights, and then on one day at the weekend, and I feel like the less I play the more I enjoy playing!

Why don't you do a casemod or something?

14. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Digi, Defib only rounds again you mean ? :p

15. Digi

I wasn't there last time but that sounds like a plan..

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I thought de-fibs didn't work as weapons in BF3? Didn't someone suggest EOD bot hide and seek once?

17. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

What is this "rage" you all speak of?

18. Digi

Lovely little montage here..

Check out his channel, he's actually got some that are better imo..

Last edited: 17 Jul 2012
  19. aLB_sCH1ZZO

Usually is somethin that happens when the animation starts and your tags fly away...:D

20. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL