1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

A quick note on the control system, and also you lose lots of kit when you go swimming.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

That was cruel.............................LMFAO :lol:

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

>Find boat
    >Safely store all of your gear on shore
    >Get in boat
    >Drive boat until it runs out of gas slightly off shore
    >Get out of boat and swim back to your gear
    >Watch as people either:
    -Lose everything trying to get to the boat or
    -Drop everything on shore and lose countless jerry cans trying to refuel it

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

What do you get out of that? I'm not criticizing your play style, just interested in what motivates you to play that way. Do you loot the bodies or just leave them as bait?

5. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I believe it probably (for me at least) stems from being killed when trying to help another player or being killed for no reason at all. So its basically a knock-on effect. Brutality breeds brutality.

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I have so far managed to play since it first went 'live' without killing a single human player. I have been killed a few times by other players though.

In a real situation like this there is likely to be murder and sometimes on a mass scale but I doubt it would degenerate into the pure PvP fps style free for all that occurs in some places. Surely you would value your own life too much to put it at risk so often? I would like them to explore this more - I don't mean penalties for banditry per se but something to make you value your life more so that you don't take unnecessary risks.

7. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I tired playing like this. I was shot and hacked to pieces so many times I...changed. I became a shadow of the man I was before.

8. wst

wst Minimodder

That problem, different installation (non-steam, full CO). Running the 1.60 patch that someone recommends in that thread, when it's downloaded, to see if that works!

(As it's almost 1GB I'll be downloading, and I am going out to see Ministry tonight, I won't be around to test this until tomorrow evening when I imagine I'll be knackered anyway)

9. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

The ONLY person I have killed in the game was in the army barracks. I think he was server hopping as it was pitch black and suddenly this guy appears next to me. Thought it was a dead body glitch as it was flashing a few times. Fired a test shot.. he died, some good loot though but I suppose you get that with server hopping.

Aside from that any other player encounters I try and avoid or approach as a friendly. The last one has not once worked out for me yet!

Nealieboyee: Saw on a previous page that you have a small group together north and are offering help for newer players to get weapons. Do you use the Bittech mumble? If so alright for one more? I currently have some good equipment and have happily done the NW Airport solo a few times so unless I am taken out, should be a bit more man power to any group.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

This game is brutal on the mind. I went to bed last night thinking about it, sure enough I dreamt/nightmared about it, and the same thing happened the night before too....!!!

also, can anyone say ripoff?

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Work started last autumn - yeah right, of course it did!!

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, have got it. Still no joy. Its weird because on the server screen it says Battleye Initialised but then I still get kicked out.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  13. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Just to check Parge, you're aware that there are two current Battleye versions, and they each have an appropriate ARMA 2 OA beta patch range that they work with?

Did you take this into account with your install/fiddling?

To complicate matters, then the individual servers have a distinct range of acceptable combinations. So many stages for things to be going wrong, I would suggest the nuke and start from scratch method below. (I know you've probably tried this, but the new sixlauncher version is what makes this different)

14. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

If a ripoff gets a proper dayz release sped up then its a good thing.. who else is sick of losing their stuff at relog, getting killed by a door or warped back to cherno?

15. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

From reading Smiffydude's previous posts (unless I'm mixing him up with someone else) he camps on a hill overlooking a town with his sniper rifle killing people. Is it to loot them or just for sport? I have only been killed 3 times by players in the two weeks i've been playing. I have killed about 5 in total.

I was in the school/office building across from Electro the other night watching a survivor in the store. I had not long spawned in so I had a double barrel shotgun with a few rounds and nothing else. I found some road flares and started throwing them around the store to gather a crowd of zombies. It was quite funny watching the player panicking, running back and forth between the exits to see what was happening. I crawled the long way past the zombies and into the store, snuck up behind him and unloaded both barrels of buckshot into his back. He turned around and shot me and knocked me unconscious. While I was lying there he bandaged himself up and went back to looting the store. I regained consciousness, reloaded and emptied both barrels on him again. He turned around and shot and killed me. Double barrel shotguns with buckshot are rubbish.

16. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I've only killed one person and felt bad afterwards.

I logged in to find a female character crouched down, looting the market in electro. She had an AK in her hands.

I had no choice and unloaded both barrels of my Remington in to her side.

She started bleeding and fell unconscious.

I reloaded, said sorry in direct comms and she got 2 more in the face.

I checked the body, her AK had no ammo.

I wept.

So sad it had no ammo.

17. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

dizzi i need you to save me in hangar 1 :) need a bandage lol

18. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

give me 2 minutes ill be on

19. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

Serves you right? He obviously wasn't a threat and had no intentions of murdering you... picked on a friendly player 3 times and on your third strike ended up dead :thumb:

20. ToxicP

ToxicP What's a Dremel?

I still plan to meet up with you guys. I had a problem with the last Beta update and Battleye but this is fixed now. I am currently north of the map, heading towards Stary Sobor