1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

You do get points for the assignments.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Oh please Digi, once I got the flow going on, I was doing more than alright.

I'm curious about these ESL matches actually. I'm not good, but I'd like to give it a shot. And hey! I manage quite well even with my atrocious lag!

3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Hehehe, you took it way too serious! There was a reason I included the 'naughty' and 'lol' smilies! :p

It's a different kettle of fish from pubs that's for sure, people are usually at least equally skilled as you if not better in some cases so it's a real fight for control and can sometimes be very tense and intense. If you've clanned at any sort of level you'll know all that though.

Saying that, I'm not sure if there's a ping limit on players.. :confused:

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Your SPM increases because you shoot and kill more in shorter time period. On normal map, you can easily roam around for a minute without shooting at anyone at all (or being shot at). On close quarters sometimes you do 2 steps and you are in middle of firefight. Having series of 5-7 kills in matter of 10-20 seconds is pretty common on close quarters. And that increases your score per minute radically, because your points are flowing in much quicker.

5. Elton

I'm usually on the weekends, give me a ring when you guys do these matches because I'd like to see some actual team action. :D

And please digi, I just like picking a fight with you. :thumb:

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Jeez. If I wouldn't drag the team down so badly; I'd get involved in that. I need to pick up my skills again, so the best way is just to throw myself in the deep end and try my best, sadly; In something like 5v5; I'd be ass. And having it basically be 4v5, because the idiot on your team keeps getting gunned down doesn't help out in the slightest.

7. Digi

There is some truth in this! Although I must say I haven't done much ConDom where I think this applies - Gunmaster is usually pretty low scoring as multi-kills are difficult when switching between weapons. I haven't done normal conquest or rush on any of them, I don't think they even support those game-play modes.

As to the one who pointed out assignments give you points - this is possibly also correct - is it 200 per one?

8. Elton

It's a matter of points density. I can average about 580SPM (probably more) but my need for flanking pretty much means that I won't be having high SPMs very often.

That and my frankly atrocious recoil control.

9. .//TuNdRa

That's why you're meant to use weapons without Recoil, Elton. If you can't control it; do away with it entirely. Aug, L85, M416, all of them have next to none anyway. Less than none if you dump flash suppressors on the damn things.

10. Digi

This could be a very technical topic tbh. I spend most of my time flanking and disrupting enemy play because most the time people are content to go CoD style and repeatedly walk in to bottlenecks hoping not to get shot to pieces. I'd argue that you could make more points that way (my way, your way, highway!) because of caps and not dying and shooting people from unexpected locations. The more time alive the higher potential SPM you have. I mean let's be honest, I could go get a 1000 SPM just standing ressing people on 64-player metro over and over again and throwing a nade or 2..

The points density literally only applies to the game-mode of Conquest Domination and I dare you to stomach a whole evening of those games back to back - it's sprint, sprint, sprint, sprint, stop-cap, sprint, sprint, sprint with manic firing in between. It's the whole CoD routine on BF3 steroids.

This is good advice but again, I swap weapons on almost a map by map basis - I find it too boring/easy with some combinations. M16A3, shotgun slugs etc etc - I like to mix it up! This does rightly have an effect on SPM but honestly, who cares? :)

11. .//TuNdRa

I go for bouncing between weapons. I'm trying not to get too used to a singular gun. I've basically maxed the Aug and L85, so I'm working through the 416 right now. Dunno what I'm going to play with next. Maybe the KH2002 again.

On a side note; Me and a friend did manage 12 games of CQC on Ziba Tower, Straight. My reactions were so frazzled by the end of that. Didn't half have a fun time gunning down players unprepared for that level of madness, though.

12. aLB_sCH1ZZO

aLB_sCH1ZZO What's a Dremel?

I stopped givin a #*it about SPM,KDr the moment i felt in love with the melee animation...
    Anyway I love team play and follow objectives on large maps(and stab someone once in a while)
    Yesterday I was in the same server with Digi and he got my tags the very 10 sec of my first spawn!
    After that I got every Support guy on his team thinkin it was him but I was capin flags in the meantime also...Finally I got my revenge...U know u can't resist...

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Set yourself a target. 500 kills with every primary weapon in the game. It's what I'm doing, and it really helps in terms of not falling into a groove with one gun. It also means you can handle yourself no matter the situation, which is something that is lacking on many servers that run things like Gun Master, or when you have to swap kits.

14. Digi

This was absolutely hilarious, I had no idea you'd joined, bailed out of a heli right behind someone, a knife later and I realised it was you! :D

Also hilarious was Deadbolt threatening to kick me for using SPAS and slugs yesterday after serious shotgun rape had ensued including a double head-shot with 1 slug lol.. those slugs need to get a slight nerf imo. :lol:

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I dont think so tbh. It takes more skill to get a kill with slugs than it does against an assault rifle. Slug velocity is much slower for moving targets, ADS is a must unless you are point blank etc etc.

16. Digi

Good points, I'm used to the 1 shot 1 kill and judging moving targets in that respect from my UT instagib days - might give me the edge with these things!

17. aLB_sCH1ZZO

That was a good overall game once I got used to the map,never played much B2K
    Everybody on tonight for some quality gamin...???

18. .//TuNdRa

Heck, I'm on Mumble now, if anyone wants a quick bash about in a random BF3 server.

19. aLB_sCH1ZZO

Good for you,I'm at work:wallbash:
    Add me (bf3 name : aLB_sCH1ZZO) and maybe I can kick your arse later in the evening:hehe::hehe::hehe:

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I personally do the unlock all attachments for all weapons (for few months now :D - on positive side, soon i will have only sniper guns and about 3-5 locked non-sniper guns to do).