1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Macbook battery problems.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by tranc3, 27 Jul 2012.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

So I've recently got a 13" Macbook, and I believe its a 2007 model. A friend had it sitting in a room for quite some time and the battery has been completely drained.

Here is my issue.

I've started with googling for answers all over the wonderful internet world. Turns out not a lot of Mac users try to fix old hardware, shocking isn't it? The battery wont take a charge and I tried to install the Battery update 1.4 from apple with no success, the update installed to the harddrive, but the Pack lot code on the batter is still 0001. I also noticed that on the download page for the update, it says that the battery should be 0002 and afther the update should change to 0003. I'm hoping that there is a away to get this battery working since I don't exactly want to put any (more) money in to a free apple product, from 2007. I know this is kind of a long shot but I figured I'd post and see if any of my fellow Bit-Techers knew anything about such problems.

I've been messing with this for 3 days now.

Save me.

-Matthew

Last edited: 27 Jul 2012
  2. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

So I got my multimeter on the connector coming from the Macbook, seems like every thing is checking out on the board, when I put the multimeter on it, the magsafe light turns orange as if it's charging.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Sounds to me that the recharge circuit broke (usually this circuit is in the battery). A new battery is needed.
    When a Lithium-ion/poly battery drains out completely you can't recharge it. That is why the batteries have a system that switch off the system if the battery is too low, so that it can keep a charge, so that you can recharge the battery.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2012
  4. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

^ This! I agree with GB here..

5. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Yea, guess I'll be picking up a new battery. Just noticed it had 507 cycles on it too, from what I've seen it's only rated fro 300~ cycles.