1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Quiet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 26 Jul 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have to admit, I haven't been reading or posting anywhere near as much as I normally do for the past couple of months. I'm just buried under a mountain of work at the moment which I'm desperately trying to get through, and also trying to squeeze in some studying for my summer exams in August when I can. All this along with other real life commitments have caused a major drop in my usual "several times daily" visits to the forum. The whole o2 fiasco with me not having a phone contract for 5 weeks up until earlier this week also didn't help, as I do most of my posting from my phone, but that's a long story for another thread :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I'll be back to posting "prolifically" again eventually, don't assume that because I'm not around much in a given period of time that I'm moving on - it's just that I don't have free time at the moment! I've said many times before that I don't think I'll ever leave bit-tech for good, and that opinion still stands :)

2. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

this past week seems particularly quiet, or is that just me?

3. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

Alright ladies.

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Everybody now...

1. 2.. 3...

"Hello Mr Rotcrack"

5. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I just got a new tv for the living room and a new video card for gaming, been playing around wth them.

It's lovely outside why does anyone want to be sitting at a computer outside of work ?

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Probably this nice weather, I've not had my computer on anywhere near as much because my room gets unbearably hot with it on all day. Especially as I'm currently rebuilding my sisters PC, so there's two running.

7. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I've certainly slow down, stopped gaming all together too!

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Must be those improvements we was promised finally coming to fruition or has all the real posters now been banned :worried:

thehippoz , feathers where are you bt needs you :D

Apophis54 likes this.
  9. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Yeah, I think lifestyles are changing, the prolific posters have moved on to other things, and a general change of culture has been happening.

Apophis54 likes this.
  10. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

I feel bad now for not posting very often. Although I would imagine that all forums slow down in summer, people are away/outside more.

11. Unicorn

Yes, many online communities notice a reduction in traffic during the summer... except maybe gaming communities. Kids have time off school, kids spend more time gaming later at night and browsing their community forum. I'm speaking from experience :D When I say kids, I mean 16-20ish year olds. I know that my own CSS clan and community came alive in the summer time! It's also a time when there are lots of LANs to attend, competitive tournaments to play in and always more game server activity which means more fun to be had, on dedicated server games anyway!

I think there's a bit more to the quietness of bit-tech lately - I'm guessing a lot of people are just not bothered about posting any more given the latest (past 12 months) changes that have come about. From the departure of regular members to the change in general attitude on the forum, and even the skimlinks/annoying ads, I'd say there is a certain element of "I can't be bothered any more" about the whole situation. I hope I'm wrong though, and look forward to things picking up again when the warm weather goes away and everyone has to go back to school/uni/work :thumb:

Last edited: 28 Jul 2012
  12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I still post pretty often. :) But that's mainly because I need something do to on downtime at work. When you're one of three employees in a repair shop there aren't many things to fix. Plus i'm the computers research guy.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Perhaps it was the likes of thehippoz and feathers who drove the real posters away. :worried:

14. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

So is thehippoz perma-banned then?

And no I dont think it's that at all they did at least add some humor to the forum which is quickly being jumped improved on :worried:

Last edited: 4 Aug 2012
    David likes this.
  15. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I think things have been quieter too, there seems to be less going on, I put it down to the summer. Or maybe something more sinister is going on, what ever happened to the digital economy act...

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Given that every one of their posts over the last months was reported by at least three different members each time, and we had a virtual petition of members PM'ing us asking just why the **** these people weren't banned yet, I guess not everybody on the forum shared their sense of humour.

17. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Well, I've curbed significantly on my posting recently, due to a mixture of not keeping up with modern tech, exams, learning scripting, learning a new language, mood swings and reddit.

Oh, and the appearance of homo sapiens with an XX chromosome is distracting too. :naughty:

Admittantly, the lack of a few of the members who I have jokes with doesn't help my post count. So, Kidmod, if you're reading this, get the hell back on the forum. Noiz too, else I'm informing Casaan of Big Mike.

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

And anyone know where MVA went?

19. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Funny I was just thinking recently how slow the posting was on bit-tech recently.

I visit the forums everyday, but don't post much.

I feel bad for not participating more. Love visiting the forums and I hope it's just a short term dip and things start to pick up again. :thumb:

20. Unicorn

Still M.I.A after well over half a year :( He, along with Krikkit was one of the biggest contributors of ideas and discussions in my GT4 thread, then one day he just vanished. I think the mods were asked to email him to see of everything was all right, but I'm not sure if that happened or not...