1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sharpethunder, 31 Jul 2012.

1. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

This game maybe be a bit buggy at the moment but i am loving the game play. It reminds me of arma 2 when it first come out but is set during ww2 if you want a unforgive ww2 sim then buy this it runs on the same engine as arma2 so i looks good it play on the same size maps 225km so alot to do on it http://ironfront.deepsilver.com/en/

:thumb:

2. Tripwires

Tripwires What's a Dremel?

It was patched recently wasn't it? Has it stopped crashing every half an hour?

I gave up on the campaign - CTD'd at the same spot every time.

The editor was fun though, tank battles are awesome.

But the crashing and bad FPS (for fairly lacklustre graphics) made me stop playing.

Might give it another go though!

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

The new patch has helped with the crashing (although I personally was never affected by it).

I haven't replayed the campaigns since the patch so I don't know if they changed anything. The campaigns are in the main well designed and they have tried hard to tell a story of a very specific portion of WWII. The main problem is that sometimes they have too much AI activity which really eats up the CPU power and knocks the framerate down.

The online modes deserve a lot of credit - they have really tried to up the ante with a lot more PvP stuff. One of the main gripes about Arma was the lack of PvP. Again they have made some changes in the patch - I haven't had time to look at them all though.

There are rumours of incoming DLC (new units I think) which should be interesting.

My main bugbear with IF is that they have pretty much locked down the ability for the community to mod (new units, Islands etc). This is due to the fact that they didn't really properly licence the use of BI's modelling tools for use in IF. It was a bit of an oversight and in the end may cost them the longevity that Arma provides. There are however quite a few community made missions available, which do not need BI tools to develop.

4. Tripwires

Tripwires What's a Dremel?

Yes the mod thing is a huge shame; would have been nice to see British / American units eventually for the editor etc. I think what deserves the most praise is the detail on the tanks, and their destructibility, looks awesome.

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel