1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Automatic Video Conversion

Discussion in 'Software' started by chrisc1277, 26 Jul 2012.

1. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

Hey,

Ive had a look through forums and google, to come up with some ideas of how to get my htpc to automatically convert a video file when its added to certain watch folders in the background.

Im more or less looking for any ideas of how to get this done. Have any of you got something similar? i have seen some solutions on the google, but there always limited to certain video types. Ive found plenty of free video conversion software, but its getting it to automatically convert it, that im having trouble with.

Incase anyone asks what format im convert from and too, lets just assume any file type converted to any. havnt decided what type id like them to be converted to, some seem to work better than others on my htpc....

Cheers guys. :rock:

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

What OS will you be running on the HTPC?
    Are you after real-time conversion for immediate playback, or is it an over-night type of job?

3. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

hey chicken,

Its windows 7 32bit.

I was hoping for some sort of conversion, that everytime you wake the htpc up, itll carry on converting. and put the converted file in the same folder as the original, then delete the original...(asking for too much perhaps??) i was hoping to avoid my htpc been on over night.

4. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

5. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

i looked at this before, but i seemed to gather it only converted from .WTV. thanks herbs, ill take another look at it.

Edit: No, i think your right. This could do the trick. ill try it tonight.