1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics PC can't find my card :(

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by iBeMonkayy, 3 Aug 2012.

1. iBeMonkayy

iBeMonkayy What's a Dremel?

Hello,
    I have a gainward GTX560ti limited edition it has been installed but my PC cant find it. I went to install its drivers and it said something like incorrect graphics card. I went into my device manager and it is not there. The fans on the card spin when the PC is powered up. Please help.
    Thanks, Owen

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Two questions:

1) Have you tried reseating the card yet? Remove and replace. Try a different PCIe slot if you have one.

2) Have you had it working in the current system previously, or is it a newly installed card?

3. iBeMonkayy

1) Nope
    2) No the PC has just been built for the first time

4. Shirty

OK, so you are saying that the very first time you have booted it up, you are getting no picture?

Care to share what PSU and motherboard you are using in the build? Have you connected the six pin PCIe power connectors to the top edge of the board?

5. iBeMonkayy

Yes I get no picture when using my graphics card so I am having to use my motherboards built in HDMI connection. My PSU is This and my mobo is This. On the card there are 2 6 pin ports, only one is connected (I thought you only had to connect one but I am VERRY new to PC building)

6. Shirty

That's your problem, you definitely need to plug in the second connector. There should be a second one available coming out of the PSU, just pop that in and you'll be away :)

7. iBeMonkayy

Thanks it works now :) but now the picture on my monitor does not touch the edge of the monitor so there is a thick black border around the picture :(

8. Shirty

Are you referring to Windows? During installation of Windows that is normal.

9. iBeMonkayy

Windows is already installed. I am installing the drivers for the card but it has been stuck on "initializing" for ages and when my screen saver tried to run it couldent becuase "I need a newer video card" but my card is brand new and modern

10. Shirty

OK, if there are any nVidia drivers already installed, uninstall them from the Control Panel/Programs & Features section. Then you will want to download the latest drivers from here.

Obviously you will need to fill in the boxes. That install should work. Let me know how you get on.

Do you know which version of Windows you are running (Vista/7 etc.) and whether it's a 32-bit or 64-bit installation?

iBeMonkayy likes this.
  11. iBeMonkayy

Everything is working fine now thanks for your help :)

12. Shirty

Good news, enjoy!