1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Star Wars: The Old Republic to go free-to-play

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 1 Aug 2012.

1. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Always did say swtor was terrible maybe bioware finally got the message :D

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the game engine IMO was the biggest fail for it - when they had to do a major rewite for animation literally a few weeks before release , there are massive issue - in fact IIRC they removed hi res textures and never put them back?

3. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

People will pay for quality, and SWtoR is not a quality game. That is the main problem. No customizable UI, no addons, no combat log and worst of all a bad end game. Just on that basis, it deserves to fail.

Mostly, players did not quit SWotR because of the monthly fee. They quit because it was a poor game.

4. PlayLoud

PlayLoud What's a Dremel?

High res textures are back in the game. I don't remember when they went back in (I stopped playing when ME3 was released, and only recently came back to SWTOR), but they are definitely back in.

5. PlayLoud

PlayLoud What's a Dremel?

The UI is customizable now (has been for a while), and is much improved because of it. True, there are no addons, and no combat log. I have to disagree when you say it is a bad game (I love it), but that is subjective. When unsubbing, 40% of the people said that the subscription is why they left. That's a significant amount.