1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows GRID 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wyx087, 8 Aug 2012.

1. Bokeh

Bokeh What's a Dremel?

I beg to differ, I have used several logitech wheels with GRiD (when the multiplayer servers were alive) and got ample force feedback...not particularly ground breaking but enough for me to get a good read of the grip (or lack thereof).

The handling was very arcadey but still remains my favourite multiplayer racer to date, if you could look past the hilarious level of racism in the p2p chat...what did they expect when all you could see about a driver was their name+nationality haha.

I liked Shift but I guess only because I had lots of previous Sim experience, all of the guys I played GRiD with absolutely despised it.

Here's hoping for a bonnet view, don't want to resort to the font camera that is essentially on the floor!

2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Hopefully they'll sort the handling model, and make it feel realistically arcadey like Dirt 2/3, not the float a thon that was Grid. Knowing Codemashers though, I don't expect a lot.

Edit: Wait, no cockpit view? Great work Codemashers, you've done it again...

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

for all of you who like to watch armco zoom into full screen, there will be bonnet cam!

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I actually like Grid, its a good laugh. Hopefully Grid 2 will keep some of that fun.

At least its release is next year, gives me time to figure out what organs I should sell in order to build the next gaming rig.

2008 Grid made me buy a GTX280 (Upgraded from a 8800GTS)
    2013 Grid 2 will make me sell a kidney and liver lobe for 2x GTX690 and 3x U2713

5. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Just be careful and check the configurations of the game before paying.

I wish I didn't buy Dirt Showdown. You can't even choose to have manual or auto transmission. It's all just auto.

How lame. I won't be surprised if Grid heads in the same direction. The no-cockpit cam is a bit of a giveaway.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

There will be manual transmission in grid 2. Dirt showdown's omission of a manual gearbox was entirely down to the style of play. showdown isn't dirt 4, it's an offshoot of the franchise. same as you don't get manual gear in burnout or nfs hot pursuit because it's not that type of game.

7. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Like I said, I should have checked first.