1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Useful Links

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RTT, 22 Jul 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

www.thedvdforums.com

Head on over to the bargain forum there - theres a sticky which has all the current voucher codes for buying from buy.com, so you can get £15 off a £30 order etc.

2. K

K 528491

3. batsman

batsman the quiet one

tekheads messed up my order as well

yeah tekhead messed up my first order, but they sent my thermal take heat spreaders instead of a blue orb, so i kept them and just modded my old pII 60mm fan onto the heat sinks and made my own 'blue square'. but they have been ok on all the other order i have placed. simply.co.uk they are idiots though, not a very good experience with them.
    try www.computerprices.co.uk they have quite accuarate prices.
    buy.com are expensive but you can get £15 off b4 christmas and their delevery is quick, and free for over £50.

4. JayHayes

JayHayes What's a Dremel?

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Another UK electronic components supplier, ESR Electronic Components

No online ordering, but downloadable catalogue in byte-sized sections. Cheaper than Maplins for most stuff.

6. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

A friend of mine ordered an Abit mobo and a 1ghz "AXIA" unlocked T-Bird from Scan computers. The mobo had a faulty raid chip, and the cpu was neither an AXIA nor unlocked. Scan tried to claim that all CPU`s were the same!, and the link advertising the "unlocked AXIA`s" mysteriously vanished from their website soon after. Their support lines were unreachable, and the few emails that were recieved from Scan were of little help. It took the threat of litigation before they would accept the goods back, and my friend demanded a refund. It took several calls to the local trading standards office to get the refund - despite the fact that scan had recieved the incorrect goods! - Moral of the story: Dont buy from scan!

Incidently, my friend re-ordered bits from www.chillblast.co.uk, and they arrived promptly and were correct.
    I myself have recently ordered case modding bits from: www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk, and www.overclock.co.uk, both provided excellent and prompt service IMHO :D

7. memnoch

memnoch What's a Dremel?

I'm reading a lot here about bad service from Scan, and feel I should even up the score a little.

I've ordered a LOT from Scan. Probably 3 or 4000 pounds worth of stuff over 4 years :eek: that's scary now that I think about it.

We've also ordered quite a lot of stuff from them from work recently.

In all of these orders I've had ONE problem - a dodgy motherboard. It did take a little while and several phone calls (about a week I think) to get a working replacement, but I did get one.

Also, they do next day delivery, and before noon for a small surcharge.

I would definitely recommend them :)

unfortunately they don't have the motherboard I'm looking for at the moment, anyone know where I can pick up an Asus p4s333-fx?

8. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?

Well it couldnt go without saying, the best moddin' site i've seen in ages:

[​IMG]

Not that Im unbiased or anything :D

9. FlexOutlaw

FlexOutlaw What's a Dremel?

Thx for the links... as a newb my biggest question is to where to learn the tricks of the trade and this is a great help. And btw... Macro Black is so awe inspiring... Amazing amazing work Macroman. I know it's been said a lot, but could never be said enough!

10. psychron

psychron What's a Dremel?

Here's a specialty link..for LCD's

Try visiting www.apollodisplay.com and basque in the glory of the LCD grapghical GODS....lol...and they are cheap too. Just tell them you are a development engineer and you can get a discounted demo....hope u like!!

11. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

12. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

i soooooo neeeeeeeed the codemunkey tshirt from thinkgeek :D

13. Sinitus

Sinitus What's a Dremel?

The kernel in tux isn´t bad either :D

14. billy beard

billy beard What's a Dremel?

i buy all my gear from a guy down mcdonalds drive thru on friday nights,but he dont do refunds;)

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

Id like to add

www.farnell.co.uk

well worth checking out, cheaper than both RS and Maplin, also their product range is h000dge :D

16. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

For stuff not in the Maplin book, Rapid Electronics

No online ordering, the catalogues £3 but 760 pages, and most prices look under Maplin.

17. Brackish

Brackish What's a Dremel?

This thread needs the unrelated posts weeded out...

For example, the one you're reading right now. :D

Seriously though, if this is going to be a thread on "Useful Links", it ought to contain nothing but useful links and perhaps a description of where they will take you. Posts similar to i soooooo neeeeeeeed the codemunkey tshirt from thinkgeek - Alaric add nothing to the resources this thread is supposed to contain and would be better posted elsewhere.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

(Oh, and if someone does decide to mold this thread into something closer to what it was intended to be, please delete this post, as well.)

18. nsain

nsain What's a Dremel?

Im in the US and i want some good sites that i can get some things in the states...

19. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

20. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

if ppl want a list of these links without the auxilary comments (and OTT OT posts by me) then i have just posted a list here, i have also compiled a bigger list including all the ones from cpemma's post above, there is a link to that from the above link too.

sorry for the inconvience (gawd my spelling suucks :() ppl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.